Finest Post Winners - December 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All

I can hear the familiar chorus there.

Not again
    No taste for the crow you feed me
    Not again

What can I do if Satchi thrusts me on you from time to time? When a sweet girl like her asks me ‘Can you do it for me please?’ how can I refuse? But I must tell you that I love this occasional chance that she gives me.

When I looked at the nominated threads, I said to myself ‘Way to go!’ Twenty two nominations of mind boggling versatility! I felt like a child with a formidable spread of premium chocolates in front of it. It’s going to be tough, I told myself and tough it was. I read and loved them all. I do not want to start with my favourite quote of George Orwell knowing that you will throw at me whatever you have in your hand.

I have spun a lot of yarn in my life but never attempted to write a story. If writing a story is tough, writing one merely through a series of dialogues is an amazing gift. If I envy story writers, I envy writers of stories only with dialogue a lot more! Iravati’s A Transit Date is one such story and is quite ‘unputdownable’. It is woven with breezy dialogue finish to end in hope (Has it ended?).

I select Iravati’s
    A Transit Date
    as Winner of the Finest Narration Award.

My hearty congratulations to you @Iravati !

To question an age old belief is not an easy job. And doing it without fear or fervour and steering clear of possible controversies is no mean a task. It has been done with facts and figures in a very honest and dispassionate fashion. It is the first time, a post in the Finest Post Nomination thread itself is selected as a winner. I know by now you may have guessed who I am referring to.

The Finest Contribution Award goes to @kkrish for her post in the Finest Post Nomination thread ‘I come here not to nominate but to bury some misinformation(Post Number 82)

My hearty congratulations to kkrish!

I congratulate and thank Rihana, jskls, Laks and Viswamitra for nominating/seconding the winning posts.

Your FP Team

maggi32, Laks09, Thyagarajan and 6 others like this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to the winners.
    Jayasala42

kkrish likes this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

My heartfelt thanks Sri Sir!
    I am all smiles.
    It is indeed a wonderful New Year gift for me to receive this honor!
    There would be no better start to a New Year than this sir.

Thank you @jskls , @Laks09 , and @Viswamitra for nominating the post. This win is yours as well.

Laks09 and jskls like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @jayasala42 ma'am.

6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

kkrish likes this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @jskls Lakshmi.
    Wishing you also a Happy 2018!

jskls likes this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @Iravati and @kkrish

kkrish likes this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Iravati & @kkrish,

Congratulations on winning the finest narration and finest contribution awards for December 2017. After nomination by @Rihana, I read the story written by @Iravati and Cheeniya Sir is right. I felt like reading a story written by my favorite Tamil writer Sujatha. It was really gripping. I know @Iravati is multi-talented but this one was very special. It felt like watching a real happening in the airport in front of our eyes. Man and wife of a new generation are very intellectual and their normal conversation is very exciting. As it is not right for me to listen in, I appreciate @Iravati for bringing that taste via a story.

As we all know @kkrish has been educating all of us about the space and other planets for a while. She is definitely warehouse of knowledge not only with respect to planet other than the one we reside but also in time management. In this particular situation, she had made a stunning contribution and was up to the point to ensure she shared the relevant information without blaming anyone verbally. No doubt, she is a wonderful member to have in IL. I thank @jskls and @Laks09 to mention it in FP so that I had the privilege of reading it.

Viswa

Laks09, Thyagarajan and kkrish like this.