Finest Post Winners - August 2019

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I was just evaluating my popularity as the anchor of this contest and found that it was declining faster than the value of Indian rupee! In the last four months the congratulatory messages to the Winners have fallen from 53, 31, 22 and to the all-time low of 14! Nominations too have recorded a steep decline. I would urge all of you to take note of the declining popularity of this prestigious contest. Your suggestions for revamping this contest are most welcome.

During my banking service, I happened to visit Alipurduar in West Bengal. When I was in a hotel for my lunch, I saw a gentleman in a table next to me reading a book in Tamil. I was as delighted as Henry Morton Stanley on locating Dr.David Livingstone. But when we visit our native land and find people are speaking in a different language, it can be really depressing. This has been well articulated by jskls in ‘For the love of my Language’. I loved the way she expressed her anguish without discrediting any other language.

I have great pleasure in declaring @jskls as the Winner of the Finest Contribution Award for her For The Love Of My Language

I have great admiration for people who have an eye for all the nice things around. They get inspired by the sight of a resting dog, a lonely bird trying to keep pace with the group, the sound that is made by a river in motion and describe it in eloquent prose. Srama possesses such elegant eloquence that her readers do not have the heart to flit through what she writes in a tearing hurry.

I have great pleasure in declaring @Srama as the Winner of the Finest Narration Award for her Do You Believe In Magic?

My hearty congratulations to the Winners and my sincere thanks to iyerviji and Balajee for nominating the Winning Posts

jskls, Balajee, Lalithambigai and 2 others like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:
    @jskls
    My hearty congratulation for the award that your write up got for you. Well adjudged and deserved indeed. Just as a fresh bloom spreads fragrance let this bring all a wonderful New beginning.(your profile quote shade)
    :hello:@Cheeniya
    Thanks for the prologue before announcing the award In penultimate.
    :hello:@Srama the award for narration is no magic though. Hearty congratulations. Blend in Nature one never can be depressed.
    Depress accelerator enter green landscape or panorama.
    @iyerviji @Balajee hearty congratulation for their conviction in nominating the best.
    Thanks & Regards.
    God lives in Mother (tongue) & in Nature.

jskls, Srama and Cheeniya like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Lakshmi and Sabitha,

Congratulations on winning the finest contribution and finest narration respectively for the month of August 2019. Vijiakka and Balajee are two writers who not only contribute regularly but also find the gems among the best snippets.

jskls, Srama, iyerviji and 2 others like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:In the light and plight of GROWTH with Bharat Matha, here nomination trajectory is not alarmingly flat. Yet with given impetus, growth in indusladies would get propelled to a respectable high in months to come .
    Let us cheer up Sir.
    God trusts growth in humanity not humans.

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Anchor has remained stable for many years with a lot of strength and conviction with a great eye for the best and therefore the fault is not with the anchor.

1) More and more new writers need to be encouraged in order to make this forum vibrant. Finding those gems and nominating them becomes an essential responsibility the members need to undertake. If it happens, there will be a larger pool of writers in IL.

2) The time for reading the snippet is limited for most members. I notice that the same writers write a lot of snippets resulting in the members not having time to read more snippets of different varieties written by different members. This is something that only the members will have to implement as a discipline and there is nothing IL management could do.

3) After winning a few (3-5) awards, the members should pull out of competing with the new writers. For better coverage, their snippets can be nominated but the members may decline their snippets being considered for selection. This will facilitate new members writing more.

4) Only select members use their full quota of 4 nominations per month limit. May be we can encourage more members to nominate for the next 3 months and if still no new members are nominating, IL could increase the nomination quote to 5 or 6.

5) There are many fabulous contributions found in other forums but some strange reason, only the Snippet section is more popular among the members for nomination. While finest narration can be restricted to the style, content and linguistic capabilities, the finest contributions can be expanded not only for writing but also for other contributions that are of significant value for life.

This is my humble opinion.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Cheeniya, iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Heartiest Congratulations Lakshmi and Sabitha!

[​IMG]

jskls and Srama like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations to @jskls and @Srama for winning the award.

Congrats @balaji for selecting the best

Pat on my back for nominating @jskls.

jskls likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Viswa though I am not a good writer I am happy I am able to nominate the best and feel happy when they get the award

jskls and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

10. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2019