Finest Post Nominations - September 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Aug 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi all!
    Have you heard the song

‘Come September
    Everything wrong gonna be alright
    Come September?’
    No, this is not the Theme song of the block buster movie of 1961, ‘Come September’, with Rock Hudson and Gina Lollobrigida in the lead roles. Would you believe that Gina is now 90?! The lines that I have quoted above are from a lilting
    song sung by Natalie Imbruglia a forty two year old Australian singer with a bewitching voice. September always reminds me of this singer and the song.

During my days of academic pursuits, September used to be the month of Hope for those who failed to secure the ‘pass mark’ in the March exam. They were given a second chance to clear the arrears in September. Those students who kept appearing for exams repeatedly during March and September were called MSM! My History Professor used to refer to them as King Timur who repeatedly waged a war on India to capture Delhi.

I went to Wikipedia to look for more titbits about September and at the very first glance of the long, boring details, I beat a hasty retreat the reason being that nothing I found there was germane to the subject we are discussing. So let me go to business without further ado. September has always been a sluggish month from the point of view of the number of nominations. I hope that this trend will be reversed this year. The FP forum owes its success entirely to the keen nominators who pick out the best that they come across for nomination here. My request to them is to use their full quota of four nominations without fail.

May your keen vision fish out the best of what you read for nomination here. Kindly use your full quota of four posts and make this forum a beehive of activity!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link tothe FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna
    Welcomeback, glad to see you here. Awesome post as always. I am glad that thisSeptember Iwill be completing 10 years in IL. Though I am not active like before and dont bore you al with my snippets I come here everyday and see what is posted.

I have come with my first nomination which is @Kamalji's Advice For Senior Citizens

satchitananda likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your first nomination of the month. And thank you again for your kind words of appreciation.
    @Kamalji is a seasoned veteran in corporate affairs. I have always found his take on corporate issues very incisive and to the point. His Advice For Senior Citizens is extremely interesting. To quote his oft repeated words, he has dealt with this subject as 'only he can'!
    When I saw the title, I was getting ready to receive his words of advice being one of the members of the 'time honoured' gang of IL and was relieved to find that it was not targeted at us. Kamal is the youngest old man of IL. Good that he has hit the first nomination of the month.
    Sri

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I enjoyed the intro part reminding the theatre now turned silk emporium in Pondy Bazar Chennai. Many afternoons with class mates I played truant and the very first or second ENGLISH MOVIE I saw was come September. thank you for making me nostalgic.

5. Cheeniya

Is it really true that being out of sight for a long while can drive a man out of mind too?
    It's the fifth day since I posted the thread inviting nominations for September but only 150 members have read it and just a single nomination received! Not even the lilting song that I have quoted in my lead post has any takers!
    (Cheeniya wriggles his hands, rolls his only 'seeing' eye and makes inaudible sounds that seem to come from his nose though they are really from his mouth. Don't worry Cheeniya, good days will be here again when Satchi takes charge)

satchitananda and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

being out of sight increase the longing and or craving for ...:innocent:

satchitananda and Cheeniya like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thank you Sir. Pleasure is mine. God Bless.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  9. Cheeniya

@periamma
    DearPeriaamma
    Thank you for your nomination of @Smileyshravs 's wonderful thread on A Letter
    Basically I could not understand why this has been posted under Stories (Fiction). I have lived at a time when the only means of communication used to be letters. There were even commercial groups who would sell addresses for a fee with whom we were free to communicate. It used to be called Pen friendship'! Some of my friends were crazy about this activity. I have seen them waiting at the Post Office for a reply!
    Letter writing has become history now. Still people love letters in which they express themselves poetically as 'You are fine here. I hope I am fine there'!
    A nostalgic post!
    Sri

10. Thyagarajan

sir u r fine here. trust Iam fine with you!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.