Finest Post Nominations - October 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Mistt and @SinghManisha
    Thanks a lot for your nomination and seconding of @gopalan1937 's A Day Of Extreme Anxiety
    A truly soulful and beautiful narration of the agony of a pet dog and ecstasy of finding the reason therefor finally.
    Gopalan has a lovely narrative style that makes even a dog's agony come alive.

Mistt likes this.
  2. Cheeniya

Dear @Viswamitra and @Gauri03
    Thank you for your nomination and seconding of @meenasankaran 's Navarathri Diary 2018!
    Meena has the ability to put a smile on the faces of even grouches like me with her narrative style. I have met her on a few occasions in Chennai and found her to be equally jolly face to face. She is a girl who is born with humorous spoon in her mouth. Her narrative style always reminds me of Jerome K Jerome. Not many can measure up to that guy. My only grouse is that she has become an annual visitor to our community.
    Sri

meenasankaran and Viswamitra like this.
  3. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for seconding Viswa sir's nomination @Gauri03 . I am humbled.

4. Cheeniya

Just four more days to catch up with a decent figure of 20 nominations. Another ten to go!

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Dear moderators I would like to nominate Harilakera's Submission Of A Dining Table for the finest post of October 2018 .The way he chronicles the breakup of a joint family through a dining table's point of view is amazing.

6. Cheeniya

@Balajee
    Dear Balajee
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of HariLakhera's Submission Of A Dining Table
    Hari has a style of his own and that makes every blog that he posts worthy of perusal. He makes us laugh and think. Through the submission of Dining Table, he has pointed out how families get sundered due to personal avocation. I have heard old parents in Old Age Homes lamenting that their children never visit them even when they come for a holiday here. Sad really but it's the compulsion of modern life.
    Sri

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Cheeniya , i would like to nominate @Ouroboros for her post in Selection.
    A kindled mind in itself, she brings forth a point which I had been trying to address myself (to myself). Alike or not, her points in the thread address how women at different ages think, live and communicate with their partners in a manner only she can write.
    There are days when I just read through her posts to get inspiration on what to read next, because I know we think alike. She is one of the only two people in my life (other than my 75 year old friend) with whom I can easily get away with throwing in a word about Nietzsche and expect the evening to suddenly have a spring on its feet.

8. alady2018

alady2018 Silver IL'ite

@Rihana Wow, thank you so much for the positive words about my post. Knowing you and your sensibilities from your replies, I was on cloud-nine - that you liked my reply. You made my day, week and months ahead! :)

@Cheeniya Sir, Getting a kind compliment from you is super thrilling for me - a passive, silent observer of this group for many many years. Thank you for taking time out and being so generous with yours words to a newbie contributor.

Rihana likes this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

: )
    Aah that explains many things. Your entry to IL and posts showed such ease and familiarity for a newbie that a few of my (monkey in the ) mind cycles got spent on "who is this oldbie." : ) Now I know it was because of being silent observer. Good. : )

10. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Silver IL'ite

I am that invitee who seizes the microphone from the nominator just with my grazing citation and yelps in excitement,

Beware and skedaddle,
    time for my twaddle,
    to shine and bedazzle!

Hoot hoot! Hello, microphone testing ....can everyone hear me?

I write harping essays on the most inconsequential pointers of life amidst anonymous iLites. Last week I was thinking if anyone ever moots a thread "which iLite would you like to know more?", I would vote for Rakhii as strangely though we both have interacted only on few occasions I had a feeling she stakes me as I stake her (sidenote: she does not even know that I read her OPOS suggestion and even dredged up an impressive video of chicken biryani in six minutes).

I sense those spidery vibes that synthesises and reasons like me. She isn't too rigid about conventional pragmatism as long as even the outlandish trick gets us through the day. She assimilates the passing world with discerning wits. We hold our personal creed as this suits us, this works for us, this reflects us with not a tinker's toot to what such conviction holds at large in the society. And prolly we are those kindred thinkers who would exit an argument sooner than stab a reactionary with our high-pitched resolve to convince them of our ways. I am happy this way. You can be happy your way. If you want to be happier, try my way, but I am happier for whatever way you are. I noticed that forthcoming voice in her (since our earliest interaction) of only wanting to affirm but not assert her experiential wisdom.

Today, when I undertake to scratch a wild musing in IL, I know that Amulet would line up a relevant clip or panchatantra story as I am editing without even waiting for me to complete it out of her seasoned reasoning: I know that whale-sized essay you intend to compose, bung your effusive overflow with this smart clip instead. Now, it's in the open that Rakhii would briskly advise, don't tax your fingers too much, I already sense what you intend to convey with that "I feel .." but without much of your circumlocution and superfluous ink. Rather you could have declared a befitting 'thank you' and spared the rest of the world from our mutual instinct. Surrender the microphone now.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Rakhii likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.