Finest Post Nominations - October 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Krish for seconding Viswas nomination of my snippet.

Agatha83

kkrish likes this.
  2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

I would like to nominate Viswas thread Inebriation Inebriation, which is not only engaging, informative and absorbing, but has received a lot of interesting FBs.

Agatha83

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Agatha83
    My dear Agatha
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of Viswa's Inebriation think we should prmit Viswa to post his threads directly under Finest Posts. All this routing formality is hardly required in his case.
    This reminds me of my early adventures. In the early 1960's, I had my first car, a cute Fiat. I was a reckless driver in my youth and my friends would say that I did it to scare away people from asking me for a lift. I still remember when I had a binge with three of my colleagues n Hotel Savera in Chennai. I was dropping them back into their places a little past midnight. The roads were virtually deserted. The next morning they informed me that when I took a turn to the right, the vehicle was on two right wheels only! Oh, those were the days! I am now Mohanlal Karamchand Gandhi!
    Sri

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Agatha83,

It is a great honor to find my post nominated here in IL's finest. I found the news funny about the birds getting inebriated by eating the fermented berries and the cops advising the citizens not to report unless they "laugh or giggle" or "stand tall and challenge the cats". As you mentioned, the birds are beautiful and can be forgiven as they know not what they do in that inebriated state. Since the Professor mentioned in her testimony that the accused laughed and giggled in an inebriated state, I have made the connection in this snippet. I never realized it would turn out to be an intense discussion. I really thought it would be a humorous post enjoyed by everyone. It only proves my sense of humor requires much more work.

@Cheeniya Sir,

Thank you for your kind words and sharing your young age adventure of driving your automobile. I am glad no one was hurt including yourself, Sir.

Viswa

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I'd like to nominate this post by @alady2018 Am I Expecting Too Much From Dh?

Reading it, I was thinking how nice it'd be to have a life coach like that. Who understands your POV, presents the other POV, lists options, and even to-do's for afternoons. Gentle, understanding nudge towards achieving crucial goals.

6. Cheeniya

@Rihana
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of a response by @alady2018 to Am I Expecting Too Much From Dh?
    A very sensible and a practical piece of advice. I never knew that a DL could expand the time available for us. I see a lot of things that a girl can do with a DL. But why is Tuesday missing in that list? But going through that four day list, I fell in love with her English. I wish I could write like her.

Rihana likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

SOS
    Half of October has gone and we have received just 5 nominations!
    How can I ever face Satchi when she resumes charge here?
    Please save my skin!

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

9. Cheeniya

@Rihana
    What a wonderful nomination this is! @Rakhii 's response to Stuck And Have To Learn To Stand Up For Myself, Please Help.. is indeed awesome. You have quoted a couple of sentences from the last para but to me, every sentence in this post is highly quotable. Honestly in my span of over seven decades, I never delved deep into such esoteric aspects of life. This post indeed made me feel sad that I never gone into the serious aspects of life. One may be a teenager and yet find the very essence of "Hunting the 'I' " as Ramana Maharshi did.
    Or one may cross seventy and be merrily engaged in 'pub hopping'.
    It's all ultimately the grace of God.
    I am happy that you have nominated this. I now see the other side of midnight.

Rihana likes this.
  10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Rihana likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.