Finest Post Nominations - October 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The rain in Spain may stay mainly in the plain but in India it batters everything in sight! The hills of Kerala and the lofty mountains of the Himalayas have been targeted mercilessly. October is the time, the people in the East start looking at the sky for traces of clouds that may wet them and keep them alive. At the time of writing this, I see tiny clouds wafting aimlessly across the sky.Let alone rain, they don’t even provide shade to cool our hills! I sit in the cozy comfort of my room listening to Rain

As I am typing this, I recall that rain was not the purpose of writing this. I squeeze my shrunken brain trying to recall the purpose of my writing about all this and it comes in a flash! Am I not supposed to ring in October and invite the ILites to nominate their favourite posts for the Best Post Awards? Oh, come on then! What is holding you now that the gates have been thrown open?

I know you will be all busy gearing up for the festival season and I know you will make your nominations colorful. I look forward to those nominations pouring in like the rain that battered India. Get going then!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, it will be deleted from the nominated posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, the nomination will be removed with a note that it is a copied piece and hence deleted.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link tothe FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

Laks09 likes this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna and Satchi

I am here to open the account for October . My first nomination is @Laks09's High School Woes

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for the nomination Viji Aunty! All of the moms who contributed to my thread deserve this nomination. I started the thread not hoping for much but found some pointers and new tips from all of the responses. I'm currently reading up on CBT for teens along with a book recommended in the thread. It's helping me deal with both my kids!

Rihana and Sunshine04 like this.
  4. Cheeniya

My dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of @Laks09 's High School Woes
    It has been over four decades since I brought up my children. The role is reversed now and they are bringing me up now! Talking of bringing up children, I cannot but recall how my dad did it . His favourite disciplining tool used to be a desperate effort at wrenching my ears off their moorings. My shrill screaming would scare him off his adventure! When I brought up my daughters four decades ago, the ear-wrenching was out of fashion. I would scold them as donkeys and monkeys without realizing that it would make me one too, they being my progenies. Nothing has undergone as much change as bringing up children. The less I talk about it, the better!
    By the way, I see that Viswa has been named as a responded but he has not said anything on it so far. I would very much like to hear a male response to the subject
    sri

Laks09, satchitananda and iyerviji like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Very true Anna bringing up children now adays is a challenge. In our days we used to get scared to talk to our father. In my house my husband was very strict , so for anything they used to approach me.Though strict.he was loving and caring too. Now also I feel how we brought up our children that too after I was 33 yrs and in three and a half years I had 3 children. Now a day's parents should know how to tackle the children,getting.angry.does not work with them

Laks09 and Cheeniya like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Thank you for pointing that out. I did respond today.

Laks09 likes this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a ton CS for SingMS (no, I don't say that you did an MS today - it stands for saving my soul) this month. You look eastward for life saving clouds, but this year they have taken a toll on me. What with pollution being what it is plus the famous Bangalore weather which induces allergies, it's been fun with the clouds and rain but not so much with the effects. Nonetheless, nothing stops me from visiting the farm.

Visited yesterday with my friend - an ILite, Manjula Pathy - who paints wonderfully well. The sun was blazing when we left home. But by the time we got there, the clouds changed colour from white to black and it started drizzling. My friend took pictures (which I hope she converts to paintings too :) ). Am sharing one of the pics with you here.

Swayam Krishi 2.jpg
    Photo by Manjula Pathy

Laks09, nakshatra1, kaniths and 2 others like this.
  8. Cheeniya

Satchi
    This picture is absolutely breathtaking. Can win a prize in any photographic competition.
    Thank you

satchitananda likes this.
  9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

10. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Cheenia Sir,

My first nomination this month is @Viswamitra's Oscillation. He has wonderfully explained difficult concepts in such a simple way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.