Finest Post Nominations - November 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

It is 5 p.m. as I sit here typing this post to usher in the new month. What???!!! October has already flown by! Only 2 months more before we ring out the old and ring in the new? Just what kind of a bird is ‘Time’?

This has been quite a month, what with Dassera, Diwali, Haloween, happy events, sad ones …. But then that is the definition of life, isn’t it? Change is the only unchangeable fact of life and what better indication of that than the changing seasons? We had really heavy rains in Bangalore and it was amazing how abruptly it came to an end two days before Diwali. Now the rains have started in Chennai and it has started getting chill here in Bangalore. Am absolutely loving it. It is such a refreshing change from all the heat and rain during the rest of the year! Nothing as invigorating as crisp weather with a variety of vegetables and greens. (There goes the foodie again!!! :p) There is just one thing I envy you guys in the West, that being the colours of fall. The only flip side of winter is I start dreading the summer and as soon as summer starts I divert my over-heated brain by thinking of the on-coming rains and winter. :-D Reminds me of a story about “Buddhu Ram” I had read when I was a kid. He laughed all the way up a hill when all others were struggling and crying and cried all the way down when the rest were happy and laughing. When asked why, he said he thought of the ease of climbing down on his way up and of the difficulty of climbing on the way down. Well, all I can say is all of us laugh some of the time and cry at other times. Never mind when we do what! Net effect is the same. Life balances itself out.

I was really getting worried by the lack of sufficient nominations and was wondering what to do. Thanks to all of you, the last two days left me feeling like a kid in a chocolate shop clutching delightedly at all delicious fare in front of me! Thanks a lot for all the nominations.

With that I shall take leave of you, but not before requesting you to pour in the nominations and wishing you a very happy month ahead.

VinuthaS, kkrish, knbg and 2 others like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Satchi

Again awesome write up for November nominations. I am here with my first nomination which is @jayasala42 akka's Servant Maid-a Member Of The Family. Having a maid now a days has become a great job and she has a maid since so many years because she has treated her as a family and looked after them also

satchitananda likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Thanks so much Vijima for opening the account here! Hope this brings me good luck and we have a lot of nominations pouring in this month!

iyerviji likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Will definitely bring good luck dear because I have nominated and the post is of Jayakka's.(@jayasala42) I am saying in the sense both are seniors and our blessings are there for you. I think Jayakka will also agree

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

My first nomination for November 2017 is @Rihana's response to The Perks Of 'xx' Chromosomes! She has crystal clear idea about what would really set a woman free to pursue whatever she puts her mind to. We continue to define women as someone who moved to a new home to live with her husband after being married-off by the parents. Is life that simple to cut off ties of bondage with the parents to live with a new family? At best it should be defined as a man and wife finding soulmate and they enter into a union with a commitment to love each other and their respective parents, brothers, sisters, etc.

Viswa

6. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Second it. I came here to nominate @Rihana 's post and I see Viswa beat me to it :beer-toast1:.

7. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

8. satchitananda

Dear Viswa and JAG,

Thanks a lot for the nomination. Loved Rihana's response (as usual) :) True. It is high time that young people started planning, organizing and paying for their own weddings. I feel horrified when I read or hear young women who want their parents to spend a lot on their weddings and demanding things from them just because they feel they won't get a fair share when the time comes to dividing property. It's better they be financially independent and fight for whatever legal rights they have. It is also time young couples show some evidence of personal responsibility before getting married. The very fact that we refer to 'boys' and 'girls' being married off by parents (who ironically consider them to be too young to decide for themselves or to take responsibility for themselves but old enough to get married, produce kids, look after those as well as parents) does not speak very highly of the way things operate in our country.

High time marriage is treated as an equal partnership between man and woman instead of a handing over of 'responsibility and headache' of a young daughter along with property and endless gifts to a strange man and his family.

Thyagarajan, jayasala42 and Rihana like this.
  9. satchitananda

Stayblessed, the link is giving an error. Do you mean post # 4 or 5 in the thread?

stayblessed likes this.
  10. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

It's post no 5 and 13. Am sorry about the error in the link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.