Finest Post Nominations - June 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for the kind words Cheeniya Sir.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It's almost middle of the month and we have nominations which I can count with the fingers in one hand!

3. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Cheeniya,

Purple rain, purple rain
    Purple rain, purple rain
    Purple rain, purple rain
    I only wanted to see you
    Underneath the purple rain

Prince sang that song in 1984.

I want to lead you not underneath the purple rain but into the forecast of Geeta's rain that has been showering since yesterday as a philharmonic downpour and not a soloist drizzle. She has rallied around and racked everyone's nostalgia of every rain song dramatized in angst or romance or estrangement or blossom. But let it rain! And the forecast: will rain for the foreseeable future!

The elements — sun, rain, wind, ice — have featured and repeated in countless musical renditions. However, the dominance of rain is only understood now from the compilation that has flocked to Geeta's call out. Bring your boots and umbrella along to withstand the rainstorm you are about to witness when you step into the thread.

upload_2018-6-15_13-14-15.png

Nominating as 'Finest Contribution' for being the driving force and initiator of the thread.

@GeetaKashyap

For me idea matters more than compelling execution! As long as the idea/stimulus is inclusive and beckoning, there would never be dearth of participation on any topic. But the topic and range you have chosen which is to blend atmosphere with music across any language is irresistible as a honey pot. I haven't ack'ed your replies in that thread so as to write up one combined ack here.

I haven't realized that rain played such overbearing role in dramatizing our emotions. Rain can be depicted with versatile emotions. While sun is feverish, wind is tumultuous, and ice is impassive, rain melts away aforesaid emotions into a tranquilizing stability. Your choice of 'rain' demonstrated that with heady rush of waterborne music. Though several members have contributed in that thread, your initiating droplet still befits a mention and a nomination for the rain and cheer it garnered.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

This is a surprise! Thank you, @Iravati.

I love rains and everything (almost) associated with it. So I started this thread to wake up our dormant memories and enjoy the season together. This is also a way to catch up with works in other languages. I am glad that there are so many rain and music lovers here contributing their favourite songs. Thank you all.

5. Cheeniya

@Iravati @GeetaKashyap
    Iravati never fails to surprise me! Look at her nomination of Rain Songs by Geeta. This is one of those cases where we are left in a dilemma. The nominator's nomination is as good as the nominee's thread that draws hundreds of responses in two days flat! By the time, I went through the 134 responses, I got fully drenched. My fault really! I should have carried an umbrella as the little chap in Ira's nomination did. Look at the accompanying dog! A very lovable nomination really.
    Ira had mentioned Purple Rain and I immediately googled for the song. Here it is:

Add this to the 134 posts!
    Thank you Ira for this nomination.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

shravs3 likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

My dear Viji
    Thanks a lot for your third nomination of @SCSusila 's An Opinion On Everything
    This old man in the shop with his wife brings bad name to all old men. There are some extremely nice old men like me who never accompany the wife to the Saree and jewel shop. Even if a man is forced to go, he must learn to close his mouth instead of passing some impudent remark. I felt sorry for that lady and proud of myself. I'll never become a subject of such a blog.
    A well written blog in super-sized font. This makes her message loud and clear!
    Sri

iyerviji and shravs3 like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello::clapclap::clap2::banana:first read was like walking into the rain forest. Second reading was darting on the hilly terrain in wild dense forest sitting on a tiger meandering around the pinnacle.
    What a collective stupendous welcome response to thread bearing clouds of @GeetaKashyap Geekay.!°!°!°!°! Hats offffff to you.
    Thanks and regards
    God BLESS.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    GeetaKashyap likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

Dear Viji
    Thank you for your last nomination for the month. I wish we had many more like you. A 50+ nomination would certainly make this contest a lot more interesting. @goldenhoney87 has certainly made a good contribution to your Need People When Old
    She has analysed the problem of parents' 'need for people when old'
    Being an old man, I can tell you that the parents need their children near them during the evening of their life. My mother whenever she had a palpitation or chest pain would tell me that she would like to keep her head on my lap. That was how she wanted to breath her last. But she died when nobody was around. Karma at its most cruel manifestation!
    Sri

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.