Finest Post Nominations - June 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rihana,

This used to be the subject of science fiction features once upon time - a pill which replaces meals. Hmm...I don't know what to say, though you might pretty much guess what I would. :p

The examples Umanga has quoted sound like nutritionally complete replacements of already existing 'health drinks'. But replace food? Naaaaaah! What could replace the taste of idli sambar, various variations of it, vadas, pakodas and ........ the list is endless.

As a quick fix for people on the run, it would probably be a healthier and fancier option than fast food. But I doubt it would take over as long as normal food is available. Sure, it might be very convenient when travelling. But then what about the joy of opening dabbas in a train?

Rihana likes this.
  2. satchitananda

Dear Amica,

Yes, it is really nice to read when a person who has gone through difficult times comes back and reports a resolution of issues in a manner satisfactory to all parties. Am really happy she has found her peace. The important message I got in her post is 'let go', 'observe' and reflect. These seem to be the basic tactics which helped her and changed her situation.

Amica, seems to have a box office hit on her hands. :grinning: No one can resist to listening to stories of times past and personal experiences. I agree with you completely. It is really a delightful read besides being a reflection of social mores at that time (as well as in some places today).

Thanks a lot for the nominations.

Amica likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Thank you for the nomination, Balajee. BB is indeed a very strong person and the way she has resurrected her life is indeed commendable.

4. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Mistt likes this.
  5. blackbeauty84

Thanks Teenu. This nomination means a lot to me

6. blackbeauty84

Thank you Satchi mam for your generous feedback.
    I'm happy that you remember my journey in IL. My whole intention of writing this post is to atleast inspire one of the women who are going through tough phase in life.

7. blackbeauty84

Thanks much for the nomination Balajee

8. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

My third nomination is Tryst With A Teacher.
    This post by Ojaantrik reminded me of my grandfather who was a teacher, my husband too a teacher, he just retired as Professor in a dental college. And my son is a teacher too:) Regards, lakshmi

satchitananda likes this.
  9. satchitananda

Dear Lakshmi,

Thanks for the nomination. Good to see that your's is a family of teachers. My mom was a teacher at one time and so was my sis. She retired not too long ago. I also teach. My mil too was a teacher once upon a time. :) It's fine, so long as we don't try to teach or preach to each other! :)

10. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Hi Team,

I would like to nominate Love You To The Moon & The Back - A Bunch Of Love

Iniyasri is always good in justifying the characters in her stories and I love her stories...
    Also you can have a perfect update everyday mrng during weekdays..And to say in few words.."She is perfect,Just Perfect"...love to nominate her story here...

Thanks,
    Ammu

IniyaaSri and satchitananda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.