Finest Post Nominations - January 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Dec 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We are getting ready to welcome the New Year 2018. It’s a time to hope, to look forward to a lot of joy and to plan our line of action for the year. That’s all fine but the most important aspect of ushering in the New Year is to welcome it with a lot of joie de vivre. Five Star hotels promise a great feast with a lot of beverages and the price per head will be enough to run the whole month for a poor family. Bikers have removed the silencers in their vehicles to scare the wits out of sober road users. Devout people will throng the temples to offer their special prayers at the stroke 12 as if the prayers later on will have no value. Resolutions are made to get broken on the following day! This is the night I always love to hear Abba’s Happy New Year. It is a nice way to usher in the New Year.

The Finest Post Team of IL wishes you all a great and purposeful New Year! Let us make this Forum the most followed one of the community. You are welcome to send us your suggestions to make this Section eminently readable. May the ‘Finest Post Winner’ become the most sought after recognition in our community!

The nominations for January 2018 are now open. Smother us with them!

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, it will be deleted from the nominated posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, the nomination will be removed with a note that it is a copied piece and hence deleted.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link tothe FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

My first nomination for this New year and month goes to @jayasala42 ma'am's Parachute
    Wishing happy New year to you and your family @Cheeniya sir

3. Cheeniya

@Mistt
    Dear Mistt
    Thank you for your New Year greetings which I heartily reciprocate.
    Thank you for your nomination of @jayasala42 's Parachute
    It is a great post that focuses on an important aspect of life-feeling grateful. At the end of every meeting, we propose a vote of thanks thanking everyone from the Chief Guest to 'the last but not the least' audio system provider. But so many people take part in making our lives what they are but we don't even give them a second thought. A couple of years back, I was taking my morning walk a little absentmindedly and suddenly someone grabbed my hand and pushed me away from a speeding car. I stood dazed there for a few seconds and the man who saved me from a nasty accident just walked away. I did not even bother to thank him or ask his name!
    Our life goes on smoothly because of many such people.
    Thank you jayasala for making me introspective.
    Sri

Thyagarajan and Mistt like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Anna

Glad to see you here in the finest forum. Happy New Year to you too. Its really surprising that I have not nominated any posts in December, first time in IL I think. Here is my first nomination which is @GeetaKashyap's Parallel Lines

Sandycandy and GeetaKashyap like this.
  5. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji,

Mam, that is a surprise new year gift and blessings from you. Thank you so much.

Wish you a happy, healthy, prosperous and a peaceful new year.

Sandycandy and iyerviji like this.
  6. iyerviji

My pleasure dear, thanks for your wishes and wish you and your family a Happy New Year

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much. Can I also call you Vijima, like others?

Sandycandy and iyerviji like this.
  8. iyerviji

Sure dear,glad to have a loving daughter in the New Year, God's gift

Sandycandy and GeetaKashyap like this.
  9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Mistt for your nominating my snippet'parachute'.

Jayasala 42

10. Cheeniya

My dear Viji
    Thank you very much for your nomination of @GeetaKashyap 's Parallel Lines
    When I read the story, my mind went back to my younger days when stories were quite old-fashioned. I remember the folklore coming in larger fonts so that older people with impaired eyesight could easily read. The titles of novels were in twins like either this or that! You may have seen them yourself as you belong to my generation.
    But stories now are told in a crisp way. The stories of my younger days were mostly about suffering daughter in laws or henpecked husbands. They were all in the 'all is well that ends well' mode. The daughter in law would undergo gruelling time for a couple years and all her problems would end dramatically in the last couple of chapters. A writer called Lakshmi wrote quite a few serials in this mode in Tamil.
    For someone who had gone through loads of such stuff, this story is refreshingly new.
    I loved the line 'With heavy hearts, we went our separate ways to accomplish our dreams and aspirations.' It's very pragmatic. Life may separate a couple to the two sides of the globe but their love remains intact.
    A nice read! I liked it a lot.
    Sri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.