Finest Post Nominations - February 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Supermoon.jpg

So here we are, on the last day of January. What a month it has been with supermoons and bluemoons for all of us to moon over. Well, I am certainly hoping, as I write this that I shall be able to see it this evening. Not that I am very hopeful as I shall be heading out to work and cooped up inside a classroom at that time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

And then I am very glad as we step into February, for the simple reason that it has only 4 weeks. Why should that matter? Well, search me! For one thing, the month goes faster! For those who earn very well as well as for those who don’t, it should be welcome news. They get paid more for working lesser days and the next salary comes around sooner. Then, talking of getting paid, we need to see what happens when the FM and the PM put their heads together. For those of us in India, the annual budget will be presented tomorrow. With so many surprises and shocks in the last year, we can chew our nails and wait to see what is in store for us in the coming year. Well, every day of our lives is one grand adventure and therefore extremely interesting.

That being the state of our real world, I do hope the next month in our little virtual family of IL will be equally interesting with loads of interesting stuff to read and nominate.

Before I end this post, l would like to thank all our friends for coming out and nominating some wonderful posts in January. It was a really hectic month and I found myself unable to be very prompt in responding to the nominations. My sincerest apologies on that score. I shall certainly try to be prompt this time around. Let us hope I don’t have to go back on my words.

So please usher in the summer sunshine with more and more nominations of posts from our talented IL members - old and new.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, it will be deleted from the nominated posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, the nomination will be removed with a note that it is a copied piece and hence deleted.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link tothe FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Thyagarajan, teenulahari and jskls like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Well, I did get to see the eclipse from the roof top of the institute. Forgot to take my camera with me though; so took a pic with my mobile.

Lunar eclipse - blood moon - 31 Jan 2017.jpeg

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Wow Sats! Your eclipsed moon picture is very good.

satchitananda and nandinimithun like this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

My first nomination for February is @jskls Food
    This is month dedicated to Love.
    Here a Mother's love for her children is beautifully captured.

6. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Naari, GeetaKashyap, iyerviji and 2 others like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

8. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Satchi,

My first joint nomination for February is @periamma's Pebbles Or Bubbles and @BhumiBabe's response Pebbles Or Bubbles

I feel together they have started a discussion where I feel everyone has something to appreciate, introspect and learn. It also helps both the generations; Pebbles and Bubbles to understand and appreciate each other better.

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Satchi I would likie to nominate Sabitha's response to my thread Eclipsed Loonies For the finest post of February. Wow what an in-depth and balanced write up on the subject ofr our religious beliefs, focusing on the eclipse mythology and over making students understand unfamiliar practices of other cultures.

Thyagarajan, Srama and satchitananda like this.
  10. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@GeetaKashyap Geeta Thank you for nominating my post Pebbles or Bubbles.i am happy my post is honoured by the youngsters.

Thyagarajan and GeetaKashyap like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.