Finest Post Nominations - December 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rihana,

It is raining Iravati all over FP this month. :) Thanks for the interesting nominations.

That is a really interesting story. I loved Iravati's presentation entirely in conversational form. Was quite surprised by the twist at the end. To be honest, have to read the other posts in the thread to get the entire story. Just too rushed right now, but am promising myself to read through the entire story soon enough.

Interesting theory. As usual, presented in Iravati's charmingly flippant way. :) I am only wondering whether one can really tell what a guy is going by the women he dated in the past. Going by the one man in my life, I find they are almost impossible to change. So to imagine he gets 'designed' or 'moulded' by the women in his life ..... hmmmm ..... well, maybe there are such men too!

Rihana likes this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

I come here not to nominate but to bury some misinformation.

I do not know where this will fit; therefore I leave it to the moderators to move the post to the appropriate forum. If my post is moved I request the quoted post be moved also.

Disclaimer: This is not to put down, ridicule, or say anything negative about any person's belief or faith in religion or astrology.

As the original poster has quit the forum I am providing this as a general information and not aimed at the poster.

This is the post.

Let me take it one point at a time. I am keeping my post as short as I can.

Sani Peyarchi
    Sani Peyarchi – This is a calendar. Our ancient munis and rishis kept track of Saturn’s path around the Sun using this calendar.
    It takes Saturn about 29 Earth years to complete one orbit around the sun. To make it easy to track, Saturn’s path was correlated to the 12 zodiac constellations.
    (Note: there are 88 constellations. Astrologers have taken 12 of these constellations as the zodiac signs for predictions)

Dividing 29 by 12 it takes roughly about 2.5 years for Saturn to move from one constellation (zodiac) position to the next. Peyarchi means "transition" in Tamil. The apparent movement of Saturn form one Zodiac to another is known as Sani(Saturn) peyarchi (transition)

Astrology says that when Saturn is in a particular constellation it affects those who are born under that zodiac.

UV rays
    True that certain places on Earth receive more UV rays. But the truth stops there.

What is false is the assumption that these UV rays come from Saturn.

First, UV rays come from our own Sun. We are exposed to sunlight every single day. Most of the UV rays are deflected by the ozone layer in the upper atmosphere. Due to "holes" in the ozone layer caused by global warming, many places on Earth are now exposed to more UV radiation.

Not only are we much closer to the Sun, but that is the only direct source of light. Therefore, if we fear harmful effects of UV rays, it is our Sun that does more harm than Saturn.

We are seven times farther from Saturn than we are to the Sun. Also the Sun is much larger than Saturn

Saturn does not generate any other energy except its gravitational force and its magnetic field.
    What it reflects are sunlight, and X-rays.

In fact every object that we see during daytime on Earth in natural sunlight is a reflection of sunlight itself. We see Saturn as a bright light because it reflects sunlight. But so do all the other planets, including Jupiter.

We will not be affected by UV rays (as believed) reflected by Saturn any more than the light reflected by glass buildings and each other.

All the harm done are by UV rays coming from the Sun.

There is yet another source of UV rays that we do not pay much attention to. Those are, certain types of fluorescent bulbs that we use in our own homes.

Sources of harmful UV rays are much closer - home and Sun. Saturn’s role in this is zero.

Satellites

The illusion that a satellite seems to stop/slow down for three seconds is nothing but what we learn in school about two bodies in motion in the same direction. When we are travelling in a car, and a car in the next lane passes us, at one point of time both the vehicles appear to "stop".
    A satellite's path can be traced as an Analemma. While this term is usually associated with Sun in relation to Earth, this phenomenon can be applied to other celestial bodies as well.

The path of the satellite also provides this illusion. While in an elliptical orbit the satellite appears to speed up at certain points and slow down at certain points.

As we watch the video we can observe that the satellite also appears to “stop” for a few seconds before change in direction.

Wobble – All objects in space wobble a bit. Even our Earth wobbles. Many factors affect these wobbles. The gravitational forces of planets, the solar winds, interstellar winds, and even when a star bursts somewhere the ripple effect can be felt in our solar system.

The conclusion is that Saturn has no role in UV radiation on Earth or any effect on man-made satellites.

Thank you

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

@kkrish awesome information.

With all the hullabaloo going over Sani Peyarchi your post with details is very informative
    I would like to nominate @kkrish ’s above post

Thanks @kkrish for a wonderful post.

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Where is that love button? I’d want to use that here!
    I think this post should be a thread by itself preferably in the E&PG forum, Kamala. I don’t want to lose it in the finest post forum and would love to reread.

@satchitananda - I nominate this post too. Simple yet beautifully explained. Honestly I couldn’t understand a lot of the things posted in the other thread. Kamala has a knack for explaining things well and yet not overwhelming people.

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I agree with Lakshmi and Laks. This should be considered as a separate thread in E&PG. I can't thank you enough Kamala for those wonderful explanations. If I had one more nomination left, I would have nominated too.

Viswa

6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear KKrish ,Great explanation madam.Thanks a lot for the valuable information.
    Your analytical article deserves much appreciation as Viswa has said and moderators may think of transferring the message to any other section for wider readership.

In this connection please read my reply to Jessy Preethi's snippet on Rasipalan 2018
    New Year Rasi Palan 2018 on similar lines

by Jessy Preethi, since transferred to Culture forum under astrology section.

jayasala42

kkrish and satchitananda like this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @jskls Lakshmi.
    I was smiling at the word "hullabaloo"; 'how true', I thought.
    Yep, poor Saturn is just minding its own business and doing its "pradhakshinam" around the Sun, but some folks on Earth think it is all out to get them.
    Saturn is such a lovely planet. I will write more on it in my space series.

Thank you for the nomination also. I am honored.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    jskls likes this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Laks09 . I too would like the love button to show my appreciation of your words. (blue bold) :)

I have no objection to having this moved to EP&G as long as the quoted post is also moved along with mine. This request is so that I do not want members reading only the original post in this thread and believing the misinformation provided in it.

Thank you immensely for the nomination. It is an honor.

Thank you ma. This means a lot.
    You have raised the bar actually. :)

Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Viswamitra Viswa.
    Your words are nomination itself and an honor.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

jskls and satchitananda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.