Finest Post Nominations - December 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

2. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Geets @GeetaKashyap
    Thank you for nominating my post.... whether my post wins or not, feels nice to be nominated :blush:

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for nominating this wonderful snippet, Balajee. Whatever she writes, all of Jeeves' snippets make for very interesting reading.

4. satchitananda

Thanks for the nomination Nandini. Absolutely nostalgic indeed. Geeta has a magical pen on which she goes for a ride into the past and takes all her readers with her. And boy! Do I enjoy those rides! :)

GeetaKashyap and nandinimithun like this.
  5. satchitananda

Dear Jeeves,

Loved reading Balajee's 'Love Jehad'. It is horrifying how the state has got involved in denying women their fundamental rights. A woman over 18 is old enough to be married but not old enough to use her own intelligence to decide what is good for her or not. It is for her parents and the state to decide who is good for her and to get her married off 'legally' at the age of 18. Religion and politics is a poisonous mix indeed. Don't know where we are headed.

6. satchitananda

Thanks for the nomination Geeta. This snippet seems to have touched the hearts of many of our readers and why not? How often is that we come across good samaritans like the cab driver? No wonder then, when we hear of one, we really feel our faith in humanity being restored.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. satchitananda

Totally agree with you Jeeves. Loved the humour and as I have responded in the thread itself, his story of the cross in the khichadi reminded me of a well known limerick. The tongue-in-cheek humour at the end is simply priceless!

8. satchitananda

What a delightful read. Have been hearing more and more about this issue from various people but none so delightfully narrated. Was a good laugh. The officiousness of the babus and 'babis' in banks and post offices is oh so familiar. I wonder whether they stop once to just listen to themselves!

9. satchitananda

Dear Frangipani,

Delighted to see all your lovely nominations. All of them made for some excellent reading. Geeta's poem 'The Slippery Present' is very philosophical indeed. What is the past, present and future? How long does each of these moments last?

Her 'Bubble Burst' was also very interesting and full of nostalgia.

As for Agatha's Diwali - Sweet or Sour, it never fails to rile me when I think of how maids blackmail us. Fortunately, in my case, they better accept the ready made sweets or they have to make them for me anyway. :) I have never made sweets at home as we don't have too many takers. That said, there is no denying that home made sweets are truly divine and I certainly enjoy them whenever I can lay my hands on some! :p

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  10. satchitananda

Indeed! How I wish people would find the time to sit back and to really live their lives instead of the sheer existence it all boils down to in today's world!

nandinimithun and GeetaKashyap like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.