Finest Post Awards - May 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Jun 1, 2018.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

The last day of each month seems to make its appearance ever so soon! It seems like just yesterday that the last announcements were made ..... and yet here we are again!

GeetaKashyap has scored a hat trick this month with 3 of her posts being nominated. Whether it be a work of fiction, poetry or some good tips to members on the forum, Geeta never ceases to amaze us with her plethora of talents.

ChennaiExpress has shown us with her very life like representation of Byza Bai (Sai Baba's mother) that she is no less gifted than others when it comes to painting skills.

Talking of Sai Baba's mother, how can we forget our own mothers even for a moment. They are no less great (even if we are no Sai Baba's!!!) and whatever we are today is thanks to their love and affection. Mothers' day brought forth odes to all mothers and mils through the pens of iyerviji, Star25 and jayasala42.

I very frequently heard and still hear it said that a mother can raise 5 kids single-handedly, but 5 kids cannot take care of 1 mother. Maybe true, but does it necessarily point to a moral shortcoming in the children of today or is it a reflection of the social realities of existence today? nandinimithun's thread on 'old age' led to a lot of discussions, sensitive as this topic is.

SGBV asked us whether we believe in bad omens and witchcraft. Iyerviji wrote a thread aptly named "It Is In Our Hands To Make Our Lives Peaceful and Enjoyable". The title itself, in my opinion, should answer sgbv's question. jskls's poem "You and me, me and you" seems to summarize the wisdom of the wise. If there is harmony in the world and if we could see ourselves in others and vice versa, then there would be no cause for worries in this world.

What would this world be without humour? Thyagarajan made us sit at the edge of our seats, wondering what stress he brewed up in his pressure cooker only to have us let out sighs of relief, which would be no less than the steam let out by the pressure cooker. He so sweetly summarizes his wait for his wife to return home with their new born daughter and the storm he cooked up in the kitchen to celebrate ..... How can anyone let go such gallant efforts go unrewarded?

Yes, the Finest Narration Prize goes to Thyagarajan for his Humour - Me, Spouse, Her Dad And Stress In Pressure Cooker

and

the Finest Contribution Prize goes to iyerviji for her It Is In Our Hands To Make Our Lives Peaceful and Enjoyable.

Heartiest congratulations to Vijima and Thyagarajan for their prize-winning contributions and to GeetaKashyap, HazelPup, messedup, Giri12 for the nominations.

upload_2018-6-1_0-13-48.jpeg

ranju5, iyerviji, Giri12 and 14 others like this.

2. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG] Vijima and Thyagarajan Sir.:clapclap::clapclap::clapclap:

Both of you were nominated by me and that makes this win all the more special.
    Where are we meeting to celebrate this event?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    iyerviji, sindmani, periamma and 4 others like this.
  5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

7. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Congratulations viji mam @iyerviji and @Thyagarajan sir! Both seniors winning award made me very happy and reminisce my parents :)

8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hearty congratulations to Viji and Thyagu! Way to go!