Finest Post Awards - April 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, May 1, 2018.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi peeps! Here we are for our very own awards ceremony of the month. I know, I know, our winners don't get much beyond a red band below their avatar, but the thrill is no less and I am sure winning a prize does boost the confidence of many of our winners. So that prize can make a difference to somebody's life in a certain sense. There are many ways of making a difference to one's life as our friend Star25 has shown us. There are somethings in life that are priceless. One can never buy those and one may not get paid for those either. One such feeling in life is the joy of doing something for another and of knowing that one has touched the life of another in some subtle way. What greater joy of making a difference to a blind person's life by reading out stuff to them and inspiring them to get a Masters in Literature! Hats off indeed!

Talking of making a difference to one's life, who else would not just do that but also mould our entire lives so selflessly as our parents! It was really touching to read Maddysweet's narration of her mother's love for her. It brought back to mind the countless moments of sheer joy that I spent with my mom, when there was nothing except she and me. The whole world would cease to exist in those moments. Monika SG has shown us the other side of the mother-child love. Those little moments when they do naughty stuff or things that make one go awwwww...... Why do children grow up? A question which I always ask, but never have an answer to. But then that being the law of Nature, we have to let them grow and fly away.

We grow so used to being loved unconditionally that some of us are deeply disappointed when our spouses do not love us just as unconditionally. While some of us struggle with it quietly or learn to deal with it, some of us want to get help anonymously. The power of a forum where strangers care enough to spare time and thought to our issues and give us sage suggestions is amazing ..... and so we have a sokanasanah, who true to his name comes up with really amazing responses, no matter what the topic and helps people look at not just the issues but our reactions to them very pragmatically. Is it surprising that two of his posts have been nominated?

Talking of responses, they could not only be very pragmatic and wise but could also be conveyed very humorously. The Queen of such responses Sandycandy has had 2 such responses nominated and why am I not at all surprised?

Every problem has two sides, the mil-dil relationship being one such, Periamma, in her typical, understated manner has given us insights into how such relationships can be balanced out. I love her way of seeing both sides of an issue and the cool and collected manner in which she responds to posts which disagree with her point of view as well. She leads by example. :)

Talking of marital issues, they could go to extremes leaving many readers (including myself) wondering why some women take so much before walking out! Gouri03 is not one of those readers. She sees the very real problems such women could face and analyses the obstacles in their path very effectively.

Geeta has tickled our palates with talk of the cooling, soothing buttermilk which brings such succour in summer. jskls has shown us the mirror in matters of being prejudiced and assuming things about others without really knowing them well enough

So without any more ado, let's come to the point. The two winners of this month are:

Finest Contribution of the Month:

Sandycandy's post in "What does God want me to Do"?

and

Finest Narration of the Month:

Star25's
    Made a Difference to Someone's Life

Heartiest Congratulations to both the winners as well as to Gauri03, shravs3, GeetaKashyap, Star25 and iyerviji for nominating the winning posts.

So here's wishing you all a lot of fun in the coming month (despite the heat or thanks to it - for those of you who like warm weather!) and requesting you to bring in a lot of nominations in the coming month.

Rose.jpg

2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Rats!
    I mean, congrats!
    Sandy won the FP
    With humour in every OP
    She makes an acute entry
    With her charming poetry
    Her Hinglish is funny
    But her Engdi is bunny
    Don’t duck and dive
    Share the ribbon with Star25
    Keep the verse running
    Goofy and grinning

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Awesome Announcement Satchi as always. Glad my nominated post got award

Congrats @Star25 and @Sandycandy

4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Archanaanchan, Sandycandy and Star25 like this.
  6. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    I can never write poems sob sob

Sandycandy likes this.
  7. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

8. Cheeniya

Sandycandy, kaniths, Star25 and 2 others like this.
  9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Thank you so much CS! ​

10. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Sandycandy, Star25 and shravs3 like this.