1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Finding Time to Exercise?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pooja, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Yoga and Situps

Hi Varloo,

For tummy reductions, please try doing situps. That is lie down on your back with your knees bent and foot resting flat on the floor. Bend your hands and rest them under your head. Then slowly raise your head towards your knees. The push should come from your abdomen. Initially do this about 6 times and then slowly increase the number. It is quite effective. Also there are a number of Yoga asanas that are good for tummy reduction. If you can find some one to teach you that would be good.

Like Vidya said, keep at it. and Dont stress out if you have to indulge sometimes. Its okay. I find that a combination of aerobic( cycling, walking etc) along with yoga or situps are quite beneficial. It will take time to loose those inches but hang in there.

Vidya, looks like you are doing great . So have you increased the resisitance yet? Found any difference?

Vandhana

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Vandhana- I knew you wld reply

Dear Vandhana,

I knew you would reply to Varloo, just pmed Varloo with yr email ID. You are getting to be a lucky mascot for IL dieters.

I got an abs cruncher, so am using that for sit ups. About resistance- what happened was that my neighbour's children had set the resistance high while playing on my exercycle. Since it is a simple knob, I cannot check levels. So, I was plodding on at high resistance till I discovered that I could turn it down and finish easily. Hence I posted my query in IL and got good answers from you, Shal and Anjana.

So, now it is back to high resistance and Lance Armstrong legs (that is wishful thinking, though).

affly
    Vidya