Finding Job In Usa After A Break

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by harinideep, Apr 12, 2017.

1. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

I was working in india till jan 2015 . I am looking for a job . I applied few jobs in linked in and dice .
    I have not got any calls so far . How should I search for job here .
    I had a h1 during 2011 and used it only for 2 months . Please do tell me how to apply for job . will i get any calls in current situations .
    During any discussion , my husband search , you dont have capability to search job . First do that and then talk .
    I am gettting very irritated as i dont know really what to do . My friends were telling first you will get some desi company . Then you can try for full time jobs .but how to try for desi companies
    Thank you ,
    Janani

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    Post your resume on monster dice and you will start getting calls yourself. Also linkedin is great source these days. Recruiter will contact you themselves.
    If you are on H1b, usually its desi consutants who hold your visa and get you placed at client side and after couple months/yrs, many times client offer to get you full time on their payroll and transfer the visa. Most small - mid sized american companies do not want to be mess of H1b processing filling etc and now with trump and H1b restrictions, I do not know how market has changed for H1bs.