Financial Independence At Age Of 40....can It Be Done?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ruchi2000, Feb 15, 2020.

1. ruchi2000

ruchi2000 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I will be 40 in next 2 yr.I m proud mother of 6 yrs old girl.
    I m happy person staying in Dubai currently n new re joinee of IL.
    Just a thought came I like to share with u all....
    do u think to be financially independent at age of 40??
    I myself don't know how n what to be done :laughing:.but I think many of our sisters can guide us.
    Also as per society ,my hubby is earing well, I have single child so why is it necessary to work?
    But to be very frank empty nest syndrome is effecting me, I know my daughter also needs me now but for few more yrs then she will be independent after that.
    Also almost 7yrs gap ...I m not at all confident of working. l basic fear is of social interactions now professionally. Though I love talking to people....what a opposite sentences!!!!
    Many people says ur hobbies can be ur earings. But I completely forgot what were my hobbies??? I completely dedicated my self to my daughter n before her to my hubby priorties. I know I didn't do something out of box but still I feel I lost my self somewhere.
    But still I m thinking of earing .
    Hope u all can connect n help me n ladies like me going through this stage!!!:ciao:

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

This definition is from Wikipedia: Financial independence is the status of having enough income to pay one's living expenses for the rest of one's life without having to be employed or dependent on others.

Go on and google "how to achieve financial independence", and in your spare time, check out some of the search results.