1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Finally!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Nov 28, 2013.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Raghu was going berserk once again for, his car key was not found. "I have a 9 A.M. meeting and its already 08.20!", he screamed. His wife Malini came with a smile and gave the key. They were what you call as polar extremes. Malini seemed to have a lot of patience, belief in God and an introvert and Raghu, the opposite. And every morning went like that for them.

Raghu came back one day and complained of chest pain. After all tests, the doctor advised him to take a break from work and spend sometime in a place where he would not stress himself further. It was Malini who suggested him, his ancestral village. Nandagopal, who was Raghu's uncle and in mid-eighties, lived there. They went there and settled down in the village. It took quite sometime to adjust for Raghu. Then one day, Raghu had a long chat with Nandagopal about his father and other ancestors. Nandagopal shared all the information out of which many were new to him.

"Your grandfather was a noted astrologer and his fame had reached even up to Chennai and other metro cities! He had then written a book, predicting future events in our own family too. Since I am not that interested, I didn't read that. Do you want to read that notebook?", he asked. Raghu was curious and nodded. He then read what his grandfather wrote sixty five years back. It clearly mentioned the 'probable' future generation tree and clearly listed the date of births of all of them including Raghu. Getting nervous, Raghu read further. It then ended with a note - "Finally, our family will be having a gifted person in this generation, who will be a saint and bring redemption to all!" and ended.

Raghu's hairs stood on their end. Except him, nobody else survived in his generation. "Does this mean me?", he asked himself. Glowing with pride, he shared this with Malini.

She smiled.

peddadas, vaidehi71 and Physician like this.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Thats really good and subtle one rgs.

she smiled- says all. :thumbsup

3. rgsrinivasan

Very many thanks Pallavi, for your nice feedback. Feels a lot happier just to get one feedback these days! Happy that its yours. -rgs

4. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Rgs,
    Lovely story . Accidentally came across this one.
    Regards,
    Vaidehi

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    rgsrinivasan likes this.
  5. Greenapple

Greenapple New IL'ite

Gud story......hey why u hv nt completed story "Infinite".

rgsrinivasan likes this.
  6. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Vaidehi, for your appreciation. Hmm.. Long time since I wrote a story! May be I will, one day! -rgs

vaidehi71 likes this.
  7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your appreciation GreenApple. Happy to receive a first from you.
    Regarding your question - I felt so tired and discouraged then to continue without getting any feedback from anyone.
    But then, thats fine too. I didn't respond to many lovely posts too, here, because of my sheer laziness.
    Btw, it was one of those stories where the end came first to me.
    -rgs

8. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Hey RGS,

This is cool .. Seriously again if something like this happens to me all of a sudden , may be I could not digest the fact. I might get heart attack after listening to it (May be/ May be not), if destiny wants me to be like that then yes I will .. :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:..

But impressive to imagine ..

Thanks for the snippet.
    --PS

9. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
    I have not read it..let me read it .. Thanks for asking that question @Greenapple ..

--PS