1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Finally, It Feels Like Winter!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @SunPa

So sweet to read your response. It is only natural for you to worry so much. But worry not going forward. We are supposed to have milder winters compared to other regions but this past week snow was brutal and there is one more coming up. Even as I type, I make a mental note of stopping at the grocers to get some milk and fruits for I am sure we will not be able to step out for a day or so and I am almost out of the necessities! And the thing is even we can step out, sometimes you just don't want to!

You made me happy with these lines. Shows me what a practical and good person you are!
    Human spirit is human spirit! And while vast expanses of whiteness gets to us by the time we are into february, we also know come march, it is time for spring! So all is well!

Thank you for your response.

SunPa likes this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Me too sir, me too! I am Sun worshiper too and when that sun shines brilliantly despite the snow, it is sheer magnificent! And if there is no sun, I still have my surya namaskaras :)
    Of course you should enjoy your Florida weather. Living here for so long, I kind of like the seasonal changes. Makes the spirit want to dance with joy. I may not feel that way as I get older and older but for now, it is nice and then like you said, we can complain and shovel the snow and worry or just see what's around with a new sense of wonder and joy, every time! I am glad I can get to that state every now and then. I am also able to share that with my students - I often find one or two students every now and then go to my big window in the classroom and just enjoy looking out quietly. Brings me such a sense of fulfillment just seeing that!

Thank you sir, for your feedback!

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamala, @kkrish

First things first! You had me cracking up with this here!

Blow away, blow away!! Have fun! Lovely sense of humor!

And why why do you want me to tease with hot adai? Now, I plan on making something like that for the next one we are expecting this weekend, stopping at the Indian stores before I get home today!!

kkrish likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Mistt ,

Nice to see you in my thread and thank you for your warm feedback :biggrin:
    And this is all you need to do Mistt!
    Winter has to end, at some point!!

Mistt likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Vani, @girvani ,

Thank you my friend! I can only imagine you wanting to see the snow. I can imagine how beautiful the world around you may be there where you live! The cold without snow can get to us. I also hope that with @kkrish blowing all that snow away, some will reach you, sooner than later!

And when you get that snow, do share with us!! either with words or some lovely pictures! Love to your boys!

kkrish and girvani like this.
  6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@Srama, looking forward to the cold, sleet and snow, huh? I'm a fan of winter, too — the colder, the better. I can't wait for the next big snowstorm. :D

One of my favorite moments of the season. :)

@kkrish, there's definitely no snow in your future. :lol:

Srama and kkrish like this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Yep!...:crybaby2::crybaby2::wink1::biggrin:

Amica likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Amica ,

You seem like that snowstorm over the weekend!! Such a welcome relief! Thank you for reading my thread and responding! I do love the winters ;-) fevers and other minor ailments and all included! I do hope you get your wishes fulfilled! Stay warm!

Amica likes this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

AC35A45F-EB45-4F95-A273-BA18C2FBD1A1.jpeg
    Finally it does feel like Winter Sabitha. I am not up for this brutal cold though

Srama likes this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hahaha! @jskls, I hear you!

At this point, I am more like it is what it is! I don't know about you but we have had no snow for almost 4 years and it was a welcome relief. Both you and I know that Feb is the hardest month and that this too shall pass - spring is on its way! Bundle up and stay warm! We are all in to together!

jskls likes this.