1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Final Ordinary Moment

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Feb 6, 2018.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Ramya remembered her final ordinary moment. The moment before her perfect life was tossed up and torn into pieces, the moment after which your life is not the same any more.

She remembered her extraordinary moments as well, Like the moment when she got a scholarship and her father , who gave a giant hug and said ‘I feel proud of you.’ Another moment which changed her life was when she met Arjun in her office and realized he is the ‘one’ for her. Though there were many such moments in marriage life, she loved the moment when Arjun broke into happy tears on knowing she was in the family way. One of the proud moment as a parent was when her little girl called her ‘ma’ for the first time.

Though she has seen final ordinary moments in another person’s life she hadn’t come to terms with it till a year back. The moment when the neighbor uncle waved cheerily to his wife and started to office, to be hit by a speeding lorry minutes later.

‘Are you still getting ready?’ Arjun asked her as they were about to start for their daughter, Pooja’s annual day function.

‘Just getting pampered..’ she said applying a generous amount of body lotion in her body and feeling the ‘lump’ for the first time. She asked Arjun to confirm it whose smile disappeared from his face.

‘That’s definitely a lump.’ He said. ‘But don’t panic, let’s check it out with the doctor tomorrow. This can be just something minor.’ He assured her. Thinking back that was her final ordinary moment before the catastrophe hit her.

The Doctor ran a series of test and confirmed the Stage 2 breast cancer and insisted on getting immediate treatment. Soon Surgery, chemotherapy, Radiation drained her energy. She coped these days with the strong hand of Arjun and her lovely Pooja who thought mom is looking cool with bald head.

‘Are you still getting ready?’ Arjun asked. This is the day Ramya is rejoining office almost after an year break. He had seen her sitting before the dressing table for past ten minutes and getting lost in thoughts.

‘I couldn’t help recalling getting eady for Pooja’s annual day. That was when…’

‘I know. What’s your term for it…yes final ordinary moments. That’s different from today.’ He said sitting next to her.

‘I’m afraid when they see Ramya, they will see a sick woman with bald head.’ She said.

‘Might be. But like me some might see a fighter woman oozing with confidence. I understand you are nervous. But this might be your final ordinary moment post which everything will turn, extraordinary.’ He said.

And that was the final ordinary moment for Ramya.

kaniths, sindmani, mushroomm and 9 others like this.

2. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

Wow that was no ordinary story! An extraordinary one indeed. Loved it.

3. blackbeauty84

Thank you Hazelpup. Have a great day ahead!

HazelPup likes this.
  4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Gripping writing as usual, BB
    Reminded me of the Dabur Vatika oil ad ...

5. blackbeauty84

Thanks Sunpa

6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

7. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

OMG .. Thats was a great narration indeed..
    Good one...

8. blackbeauty84

Thank you. Have a wonderful day ahead.

9. blackbeauty84

Thanks for your feedback peddadas