1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Few simple rules i strictly follow to keep the extra kilo's off.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by vadapallisudha, Nov 9, 2010.

1. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    Here i share few rules i stick to, come wht may happen and i believe that helped me maintain my weight stable throughout. my BMI is 20.3 which means i am of normal weight.i would like to share here my rules which we generally overlook.
    1.I dont skip my b'fast,lunch and dinner.and i take them at right times regularly if i travel or out of home i carry fruits and supplement with whole grain bread or small pack of flavored Kellogg's .
    2.Never overloaded myself to empty the vessels.even if have to throw off a spoon full i throw rather than gulp it forcibly
    3.Use just sufficient oil for cooking.if by mistake i feel oil is more i drain it off.It is better to waste the oil instead of putting it in our waist.
    4.Never followed any strict diet,but had a balanced diet,i eat everything but within limits.
    5.Never sacrificed pizzas,burgers,icecreams or chats but took them on limited times say once or twice a month.
    6.Never ate from the left overs of the kids lunch. instead i have put an clay plate in the backyard in which i leave this leftovers from kids food for the birds to eat.
    7.A strict vegetarian.i use all pulses and green veg on regular balance my food chain.
    8.Never skip my walks and yoga. if i am in a hurry i would reduce the secession but never gave it a day off.Gardening is another exercise regime,i remove weeds,water my plants and it takes more than 1-2hrs daily.
    9.Always took the stairs instead of elevators or lifts.park my vehicle and walk all the way while shopping.this helps me stay at peace in the heavy traffic.
    10.Drink warm water after b'fast,lunch and dinner. early morning with a tsp of lemon juice.warm water after meals helps easy and fast digestion.
    11.Never eat when u r bored or alone.this is general tendency of many, even i get tempted to eat when i am bored or just to kill time.but i control myself by eating something like cornflakes or murmure(puffed rice).They dont add extra calories just fill ur tummy temporarly.
    12.Sleep early at night n wake up early everyday even on holidays.
    13.Keep myself informed through newspaper,books and internet to build my self confidence.It helps to stay positive which inturn helps me stick to my schedule without fail.
    These are my weight control rules,hope u find useful too,
    bye!
    sudha.v

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010

2. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Hi sudha,

Very inforamtive and simple rules...but at sime very effective also.

Thanks

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi dear,
    loved your simple mantra of keping those extra kilos off.
    love
    alpa:cheers

4. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

What a great list. They are very effective rules for sure. Thanks for compiling and sharing it with us.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

5. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

very nice one..sure if we follow it will be fit for ever