1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Feng Shui & Vaastu

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by lakshmisuresh12, Sep 23, 2005.

1. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

ANK,

I think we already met in another thread...
    Why dont you share us all abt feng shui and general welfare of a house and family...wealth,proeperity,health,unity....

For me Fengshui seems to be more practical than Vaasthu(its my feeling..no offense intended) for its lot easier... like bringing in new products and placing around the house...

So whats your take and what to do suggest us...fellow ILites...

2. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Great! Here we go!

Feng shui is about living in harmony with the nature, using the 5 element theory.
    Its quite a vast subject, and has different schools too.

First of all - each person's FS is divided into 3. Part one being, he/she is born with some luck, 2nd-ur deeds in this life, good or bad affects ur FS, and the 3rd one is which we can work on, meaning follow a few simple rules of FS and create a better life.

I follow a combination of Compass FS, 8 Mansions FS and Flying star FS. All these are diffeerent schools of FS.

The most simple one will be the Compass FS. Simple to follow and best to start off, before u get into other schools of FS.

Compass FS is all about drawing out ur house plan, and dividing it into 9 sectors.
    Using a simple compass, find the 4 cardinal directions and 4 non-cardinal directions, and then divide the floor plan on a paper into 9 grids.

All these 9 sectors have their own elements, colors, numbers,shapes, meaning etc.
    For eg. North- This is the career sector.
    Element - Water
    Color - Blue/Black
    No. - 1
    Now let me translate this to a lay man's language.
    North being the career sector, u should enhance it with water features, colors used here should be blue/black, no. is 1.
    The belief is if u burn a candle or display red or any fire color here, it affects ur career.

Do u get it?

Let me know if this start was good enough, and I will continue and clarify doubts on monday.

As mentioned, I will not be online till Monday morn.!

3. kswati

kswati New IL'ite

hi !

Is there any specific number of bamboo sticks to be placed and which corner?? I have heard the bamboo sticks should be odd in number?? I have at my home long three bamboo sticks with some nice leaves at the top placed in Vase with water. Is it ok? But i have seen in India round very small cluster of bammboo sticks tied together in circle. Which is better???
    Can anyone tell

4. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hi!

21 bamboo tied with a red string is very auspicious for the house. However if u have 3 bamboos, its good as well. Bamboos shld. be placed 1, 3, 6,8,9 or 21. These are auspicious numbers. Place it in the South East for prosperity.

ANK

5. shravanthika

Thanks for sharing lots details ANK...

Where should one buy the products...the bamboo u r talking abt?

6. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

U can find bamboo at any Chinese curio shops. And all FS items are avb. in any of the Chinatown shops. I got most of my FS stuff from NYC China Town, Philli China town.

7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Hello,
    I was just curious about feng shui and saw this thread.I am married for 5 yrs and have been in one or the other problem. Mainly my husband's job instability and huge worry of finances. I was wondering whether there is a feng shui relief to this problem.Any help.

8. shravanthika

ANK,

Do you have any idea abt the Feng Shui products available in India?
    Any places of reco?

9. saranya.27

saranya.27 New IL'ite

The house that i am living in has got a big block of wall exactly in front of the main door...so there is a distance of 5 feet between the main door and the wall.
    The lift is located towards the right side of the house.

Now the issue here is that my mom told me that by having a block of wall in front of the house, all the good opportunities will be blocked.
    I have been living in the same house for 2.5 yrs...and there is not a single good thing that has happened..(its been neutral all the while)......as in my hubby's career is still in the same stage and I have not been able to concieve at all. Its kinda getting saturated for us now...we desperately want a positive change in our life.

Just for some info....I live in singapore. I am a tenant in this house so cant make any major changes. Lastly, the main door is located in the south east side.
    Wud be greatful if anyone can provide some effective vaastu or feng-shui tips.

Thanks and regards,
    Saranya. :)

10. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

Hi all
    recently we went to Cancun and got a hanging curio item made of a star fish with beautiful shells hanging on all sides. i would like to hang it someplace nice without affecting any aspect of feng shui. my house main entrance is facing east. can you please give some suggestions ? also i need some more advice about the colors that we have chosen on our rooms, if some one is willing to help, i can give more details like the floor plan etc.
    thanks
    shyamala.