Female Companion in Labor & Delivery room

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by dubbi, Dec 16, 2009.

1. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

LAurie

I supported a french couple sometime back in labor and as long as you are to talk and understand english you will not have much of a communication issue. IN INdia please discuss with your doc prior on what kind of birth you are looking at ie natural or medicated and how long your Dr. will wait after youe due date. Make a Birth PLan , so you can share what you desire for your birth and also that you will know before what happens. Have a beautiful birthing experience.

Cheers
    Deepa

2. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Hi Dubbi,

I always follow your posts and find it very helpful.I am going to India(Mumbai) to deliver my first baby.I saw some vedios on youtube & really I am very confused of whether I would be able to endure the pain.I stay in Singapore and here Epidural is very common and done well I am feeling a bit scared to take it there,as all my friends are discouraging who have gone through natural birth without medication in India.They tell me about their friends who are suffering from side effects.Also I am very afraid that the dr. are more causual about C section and also our family members are comfortable to it.My mom was scared that instead of baby suffocating let them take out by C section.She recently witnessed my SIL 2 C-section deliveries.Hence I am bit worried.After being mentally prepared if I have to go through unnecessarian :(.
    Thanks n takecare.

3. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cutekid

You are lucky to be going to Mumbai for teh natural birth concept is the most popular there. PLease look up Birth India in google and write to them. YOu will have a lot of choices including mid wife, water birth, natural birth. I think if you do you r best in finding the ridht ethical doctor you can defiitely avoid an unnecesearean

Cheers
    Deepa

P.S Moderator I have to refer to Birth India here as thats what the OP needs to have a natural birth.

4. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Thanks Dubbi,

I wish my dr. gives me right support & specially my family members too.They should not make me unnecassarily panic.

Thanks for the info about birth India.Will get the info from them.