1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feelings...( a love poem )

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by ambika ananth, Nov 11, 2005.

1. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

FEELINGS… When in love...

Your breath,

weaves silk threads of respiration,

a fabric of warmth,

to clad me full

Your smiles,

splendid full moon drizzling

nectar cool…

into my loving eyes

Your words,

Serenades of green whispers

turning fecund

my barren dreams

Your touch,

warm palms of the morning sky

softly caressing

my body and soul

Your kisses

sweet musical notes,

making my lips sing,

the long forgotten songs

Your persona,

with ebullient aura,

sending energy shafts

to annul the archives of my pain

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2006

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

poem fm my hubby........

Hello ladies,

Looks like its a season of poems........

I'm not good at it but I would like to share a small poem that my husband wrote to me during our dating period - years ago.

I'd preserved it along with the rose that he had given me.

Here it goes..........

M - Mesmerising, Your Eyes - Clear, Beautiful & Pure
    E - Everlasting Your Embrace - Secure & Warm to Lure
    E - Empowering Your Love - To All My Ailments a Cure
    N - Nihilistic My Existence - Without You Being For Sure
    A - Awash with your closeness - I Beg God Now to Prolong My Tenure

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

It Was A Soft Breeze, Ambika

Your poem this time was a very soft breeze that caresses the innermost parts of the soul. I have known the power of words to convey meanings and never have I known that words can squeeze a heart and make you feel suddenly light and loved. When you used the following to desrcibe the efforts of the words of the beloved

Your words,

Serenades of green whispers

turning fecund

my barren dreams

it had a profound effect on my being. Poems like these make irreversible changes in one's being. Looking forward to such great poems from the veteran poet.
    sridhar

4. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

truly romantic

Ambika, serenade your husband with this poem and he'll be your slave! This was different from your other poems - the metre and tone set it apart. The words were well chosen, but as I do with your son's writeups I was reaching for the dictionary!
    More word power to you!

Meena, your husband really wooed you in poetic style! Is he still as romantic - and do you make him dance to your tunes? Just joking. My husband used to sing "You fill up my senses like a forest in the rain.." on an international call! Now of course the lines of the song run "Have you paid the lic premium? When do the college fees have to be paid? Don't forget to get the car serviced..." The lyrics have certainly changed!!
    Sharada

Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
    1 person likes this.
  5. poojitha

poojitha New IL'ite

Very loving...

Ambika,

I liked your poem a lot. It a very loving one. So did you write it for your husband? Or did he write it for you? Hope you don't mind sharing the details about the romantics with us :tongue

I particularly enjoyed each these lines...

Your kisses
    sweet musical notes,
    making my lips sing,
    the long forgotten songs

Meena,

Whenever I watch in the movies the guy writing poems/songs about his love, I used to wonder in real life does someone bother to do so? Your husband's poem puts an end to that thought. He has really flattered you with such a good poem, I guess. Long live that love between both of you!

Sharada,

I was heartily laughing reading the lines of the song you had mentioned..."LIC premium, college fees, car servicing,etc.". I guess that's a more practical and real song in everyone's family these days.

6. ambika ananth

Thanks dear friends...

Sharada, thanks for liking my poem. Serenading husbands, in this fast paced life-style is almost impossible. I have struck a relationship with him over the years, where he understands my silence. As you are aware, he is a good friend of mine, and his heart beats true all the time for our togetherness. " he walks beside me, just as a friend"- for which I am thankful. But let me follow your advice and serenade him...will give feedback of the result. I just loved the way you put your great sense of humour in your words about what your hubby says now and what he used to say earlier....this is that 'spark' in you, which I mentioned when I read your meloncholic poem and felt that you should write a light hearted poem, full of zest and life.

Sridhar, you have proved that you are a dear friend to all the ladies on this site by being warmly appreciative and loving and kind in your responses. " Friendship is not just clasping hands and saying 'how do you do', but when friendship grips a heart and warms it through and through, it is a great friendship. Thanks for being that kind of a friend to all of us. Appreciation coming from you is the most natural thing. Thanks.

Meena, its good to think that my poem reminded you of the romantic ways .so beautifully expressed by your husband. Long live your romance...

Poojitha, I am happy you have liked those very lines which are very dear to me too. let me confess, its not written for my husband, but those particular lines are for an imaginary lover cum musician, who is supposed to tune my body and soul to evoke 'scintillating music' in them. We poets are a funny lot, we depend and live in an imaginative Utopian world of our own, and turn this material world a better place for us to live . Since you were interested, let me indulge you. I will post a poem which I had written 'exclusively' for my husband. I will wait for your comments. Thanks again.

Ambika

Last edited: Nov 13, 2005
  7. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Remarks

Ambika,

Sorry, I read the poem today; As you know, I don't see the right thing at the right time; This is a change from your spiritual-blended poems; Good.

Ananth has replaced Krishna. He must have felt elated reading the poem-so well written!(as usual). Ambika, for me...your poem is real music! Set in tones---tune, it can make any heart throb!

give us more poems--gifted poetess!

Nuggehallipankaja

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2005
  8. ambika ananth

Thanks dear Pankaja

Dear Pankaja

Just as very few write with 'heart', very few will read with 'heart'. I thank you sincerely for reading my poem with your poetic heart and appreciating it. We both share a wave length and it always gives immense pleasure when you compliment me. You are my 'friend, philosopher and guide' and I thank you for that.

ambika