1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling So Upset And Resentful

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Needtobestrong, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thanks.

2. A redeeming FB in that with step by step tonic to the aggrieved soul - I mean @Needtobestrong . In essence, a feather touch.

3. This gives no parallel woes but shines with brilliant in-depth analysis of the issues involved and rendered awesome solutions to op not only to mitigate but eventually to overcome and enjoy eternal union with hub and her kins.

Kudos and regards to you.

Needtobestrong and Viswamitra like this.
  2. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

3. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Op, please dont do so much for the guests. I would say even the guests are taking advantage of your nice behavior. Cook food as you normally do it for your family at the usual time. No need for extra cooking. Only if your mil supports or helps you in cooking, take extra efforts for the guests. Reduce your workload tactfully. When guests come act like you are not well and then there will be minimal or no expectations from you.
    Set time for yourself every day. Enrol in some classes or activity to divert your mind from your in laws, guests, husband, kids, etc. Keep yourself busy.
    Don't feel jealous or ignored when your husband takes care of his parents when they are sick. It could be his insecurities about them. In ny house, if either of my parents fall sick, i am not able to sleep properly that night. But i am not that tensed if my small kid falls sick. I am sure my kid will recover soon, but very insecure about my parents as they are old.
    Regarding sleeping in separate rooms, please stop it asap. Move into his room. Demand time n attention from your husband. Make your dh realise that you are feeling lonely. Speak out your mind. Go out on weekends. If he doesnt understand, threaten him of the consequences that can happen in future if he doesnt give you time or attention. I am sure he will change.

Needtobestrong likes this.