1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling Low

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by coffeecups, May 14, 2017.

1. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

I know I'm low today. Usually I take it on my husband, but since he is already too stressed with some things in life, which are beyond his control, I don't want to vent and make him feel still bad.
    So what's wrong ? U might ask.
    What's great ? I say.
    Life seems to be going no where. Every day seems to be just a repetition of the previous day.
    Days keep dragging.
    H is in a PhD programme and is being under too much pressure. He comes home only to sleep around 10 pm. And has to go to work at 6am. Sunday also he works. This will last for another ten months and then we will be back to a less stressful job.
    I m working and simultaneously TTC. Had clomid cycles which failed and I developed some cysts as side effect. We are considering iui now.
    Every time I see my friends posting a pic of baby, or pregnancy photo shoot or some vacation that they are enjoying, it kind of makes me feel low the whole day.
    I don't know..
    Any thoughts on how u handle such low moods
    And how do u train urself so as to take life as it comes and not expect too much

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We need a glass with some fullness to break the impasse on that? : )

Move faster on the IUI? Mostly, there are not many pros and cons to consider with IUI, no?
    Pregnancy photo shoot?! Chonchley. (Dramas, showoff). That low feeling, everyone feels at one time or the other. A reaction to people's updates on the social media.

Regular everyday exercise. And maybe making some new colorful salads, taking pictures and uploading? Hey.. do that.. post salad pictures to FB. : ) I am half serious.

Your expectations are not too much. Dealing with disappointments.. best teacher is life only.

3. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Dear op some days are bad days ... It is just to make you feel the excitement of good days. Else how would you appreciate those good days right ??

You have the choice to not look at that.. you know you will feel low when you see such photos then why are you inviting trouble for yourself? . Take a break from FB . Take a break from such social medias. Instead try to hang out with real people and friends.. There will be a sad story behind every colorful drama but they choose to see only colorful part and here you are feeling low by looking at that .
    Instead FB you should check for more positive speeches and stories. Which will help you to keep positive and happy. When you are happy & peaceful there is high chance of conceiving ..think about it :)

iamsrihere, coffeecups and sindmani like this.
  4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Oh yes, the social media "low" feel is a real thing. If am in a vulnerable mode, I always stay away from any social media sites so as to let anybody or anything upset me.

We move to different places a lot due to hubby's profession. So when we have to leave back our friends and they post something like B'day parties or getogethers pix with everyone except us, it starts hurting. I used to mop around the whole day or even the next day after seeing that. Yours is babies n holidays. Everyone has their own touchy subjects that makes them low. So avoiding that seems to be very effective. Or if only specific ppl upset u, unfollow them. Their post won't show on your wall.

Making yourself come out of this low and making small positive changes in your life will surely help with the pregnancy. Low feeling in itself can be an enemy for you in this.

You can join some class, or take an extra part time job or join some club or do community service or something like that to keep you occupied for the time when you are alone at home. because it will make you meet more people, keep you occupied, u are doing something new, u can take photos of fun moments with the new friends you will make and post on fb :wink: it can be a distraction instead of waiting and feeling low and lonely.

coffeecups likes this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Feeling low, that too because of social media... That's very common.
    You may not believe me, but me and many of my friends did go through this at least some point in our lives. So, believe me, it happens.

You are feeling low because of your TTC and surrounded issues. Your H's absence and consequently his busy schedule adds fuel to the fire.
    At the same time, when you see someone enjoys their life with a good news that you are yearning so far... or some holiday pics etc.. puts you really down.
    It is coincidence. But it happens.

How to come out of this...

If I were you, I would stop focusing on what I do not have, but focus on what I have.
    I remember that you are a doctor - forgive me if I am wrong.
    Even if you are not a doctor, I am sure you are a professional anyway.
    Take some pics of your work life - which may be unique and others may not know.
    Post them in social media with a good caption.
    It gives you and others a different perspective of the work you do. It motivates you, particularly when some one gives likes and comments, and questions about your work out of curiosity.
    This side of your life may be very usual thing in your life, but for others it may be something special; hence the curiosity. Enjoy the fun.
    Since your mind is getting low due to social media, I suggest you to make it high through the same medium.
    For ex: a pregnancy photoshoot for a pregnant mom is not a huge deal. A trip for a normal family is very common. But for others who yearn for such blessings, these things may seem so great.
    Similarly, your work, your service, your achievement, your exposure, your ability, your office, your day to day life etc may be a very normal thing to you. But when you post them, it may seem something extraordinary for those you yearn or dream of such life. It also reminds you the 1/2 fullness of your glass.

penpaal and silentlistener like this.