1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

feeling lonely... plz help?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by magicworld, Feb 1, 2012.

1. magicworld

magicworld Bronze IL'ite

dear friends,
    I m stay at home mom with a DS who is about a year now. i have always felt lonely in this country. my husband is a nice person... but, during the day though i have internet, tv.. etc.. I feel so lonely especially the complete silence here in my community is horrible... does anyone undergo the same problem or have suggestions to overcome this.

1 person likes this.

2. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

This is very common outside India... I'm not sure how long you have been here in NA. Try to engage yourself... try to take your kid to the nearest library. Hope you know driving. try to visit daily to a mall/temple. Make an activity of going to the gym... You just need to identify your hobby or else its going to be boring every where... Its the same thing with india.. home makers try to visit the temple daily or stitch or read books. Its noisy but its quiet here that is the only difference

2 people like this.
  3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

which city are you from?? you may go to the subforums related to that city on IL Forums you would find many activities and meet ups of members happening ....and also you can find lot of hobby activities on our forums...look in the hobbies n crafts section..

Last but not least...may be others are also feeling like you...so why not take your kid when weather is warm and nice...and stroll around in your community...eventually you will see if there are any stay at home moms...you got to go out of the house to know if there are indians in your community that too any stayat home moms/house wives.

4. magicworld

magicworld Bronze IL'ite

greatstrength and srividya,
    its not about keepingmyself engaged... i do have different hobbies... but, just the feeling of being all alone... in india we have neighbors, maids etc. coming and going here.... its just u n the walls all the time...

5. Parukutts

Parukutts Bronze IL'ite

i understand !! its a nightmare ,i have been here for 4 years and i am still not over it. over here you have to take effort to make friends and creating a social circle is very tiring task and difficult if you have to move cities and yet you wont feel anything like in india.all you can do is get adjusted and keep yourselves busy with people around you.i know most of us are not lucky enough to get to know people whom we would like to keep company.i never ever get people from my state.find out associations in your area and join them thats one way .

1 person likes this.
  6. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

It is not just an issue for women who have came to usa, I was born here in california (northern) and after marriage I have moved to southern california. In 2 years I have not managed to meet even one person so I am also feeling lonely. My husband was born in karnataka so he also has no friends here. You are not alone many of us are facing similar problems. Don't give up one day you will make friends who are close by.

7. yashinigam

yashinigam New IL'ite

Hey OCdesigirl... i hav ejust moved to US California, Sunnyvale. And i feel exactly the same.. its soo damn lonely here...Plus i dont know how to drive... Let me know if you stay anywhere close by and wud like to meet up... I am desperatyely trying to make new friends....

8. MalathiKanchan

MalathiKanchan New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am from Hyderabad, Andhraprdesh, India.I recently came to US and currently staying in ontario, CA.Now We are planning to move near to Santa monica,
    Please help me in finding apartments where I can have Indian telugu community.
    Please help me as I am feeling very lonely here.

Thanks in advance
    Malathi

9. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Hello Malathi,

Welcome to CA. Hope your relocation goes smoothly.

I did notice several post of yours looking specifically for apartments with indian telugu community. Am not sure, if you would ever find one, as people in the same apartment may not realize that they are staying in "telugu max apartment".

It would be a good idea to check for apartments with Indian community, and open/post another thread asking for telugu people to connect with you, and ask where they stay.

Just my 2 cents :) Good Luck with your search !

Regards.
    JM