1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling jealous of working women..pls help

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pavi4, Mar 28, 2015.

1. pavi4

pavi4 New IL'ite

hi
    Basically am a person who loves to socialize with others.After coming to US,i feel life is boring,lonely and isolated from family and friends.my husband used to compare me with working women in software companies.i dont have any experience in software field.i am going to get my EAD in 4 months.He started saying that it is difficult for u to get a job here and am not fit for software field.i was very jealous about working women in software field.I am feeling very low,sad and depressed.how to gain self confidence?how can i stop him from comparing with other woman?pls reply friends....

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Do you drive? Volunteer where you can. It really helps your resume and people skills. Check out charity shops, hospices, libraries, community centres etc. this will help you gain self-confidence. And tell you husband clearly in a calm and firm voice that he should stop saying things which are useless and upset other people; that he needs to be compassionate first to his wife.

4 people like this.
  3. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@pavi4:
    Don't listen to what your husband says, especially when he is comparing you to women working in software field. Every profession has its pros and cons. There are plenty of jobs in software field and it will look like every other person is in this field and doing well. But thats not true.

When he is telling you that its difficult for you to get a job, (knowingly or unknowingly) he is blocking positivity from your mind. That's why you are feeling jealous. Next time if he mentions such things, as him to stop. Tell him that its not helping your confidence level and you don't want to be put down this way.
    Just focus on your talents and work on getting a job in the field you like.

2 people like this.
  4. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

I have been where you were though husband never compared me with others. I worked my way up after taking course, and trying for a job unsuccessfully and finally landing in one. You can do it too. You can get into software field too but in testing.

2 people like this.
  5. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I think the problem is that your husband is making you jealous of other women, rather than making other women jealous of you.

See, you can become President of Microsoft, your husband will still find fault with you.

But it's better you focus on yourself, find what interests you (you have Internet access, correct?), and build yourself from there. There is God that loves you, and wants you to succeed, and considers you a Masterpiece.

Flowers don't get jealous of each other, they bloom, so you bloom too. And God will handle your husband.

3 people like this.
  6. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

You are not J.. you have developed a complex because of your husband's comparison. You don't have to listen to him.
    Working in IT field is not something great. That is a wrong perception that is prevalent in the south of India.
    Here in the US, so many IT guys have left their job and opened food joints and spas. They are all doing great.
    So see what interests you and pursue that job. Don't waste your time and energy just because other women are doing it. If you pursue some career without any interest ,you will not be successful and end being more miserable.
    Put a full stop to your husband's comparison. Ask him to stop comparing you with other women and taunting you. Tell him what your true interests are and if possible ask him to support that..instead of passing comments.

4 people like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Next time he makes such a comment, pause, look at him for a few seconds, then, with a half-smile, reply to him, "You are right... In fact, you should have married one of them"

10 people like this.
  8. pavi4

pavi4 New IL'ite

I got my driving license from india.but I am little bit scared to drive here.He wants me to take up a job within 4 months so am busy in upgrading my skills and learning new technology.Thanks for ur suggestion.i will talk to him and try to get a job in some community centers.

1 person likes this.
  9. pavi4

pavi4 New IL'ite

When you hear these negative words,it is difficult for me to concentrate in developing my knowledge and skills.i told him that dont create a negative thought in my mind.He replied that you have to face the reality and have to know where you are.

10. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

People like that cannot be reasoned with. The person you ended up marrying (he doesn't deserve the title "Husband"), seems very small and insecure himself. If he was truly happy with himself, he wouldn't have the desire to put you down and compare you with other women

[h=1]“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.”[/h]Will Smith