Feeling heartbeat in my stomach

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by skylady, Dec 18, 2011.

1. skylady

skylady Junior IL'ite

Hi All ,,

I am 8 weeks pregnant now ... I felt the heartbeat in my stoamch around two weeks ago ... I did not hear it .. but i i felt it whenever I put my hand on my stomach .. but now m not able to feel ... I am really scared ... Is my baby safe ?
    I had a scan last week ...It looked fine ..and doctor asked me to scan again after my thrid month is finished .... Is this normal ? Do we feel the heartbeat or not ? ...I am having PCOS and using metformin, susten , lopren ...

Thanks
    Vani

2. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Skylady, ur baby is safe and fine inside u... :) Do not worry about that... Even I had all that but only later I realized that it was not baby's HB and that u can ever feel the baby's HB even when ur 30 weeks...

3. IlovemyMom

IlovemyMom Gold IL'ite

Yes you cannot feel your baby's heartbeat yourself. Only the dr can check with a Doppler or ultrasound. So don't worry, your baby is safe and healthy.

4. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

You CAN feel your baby's heartbeat (atleast your DH can, if he puts his ear to the right place in your stomach), but that is only after 32 weeks.

At 8 weeks, its just not possible. Even a Doppler doesnt pick it up for some women!
    So relax, everything is fine. Just keep going for your regular checkups.

5. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

THe HB that you feel is your own blood flow .During pregnancy the blood flow inside the uterus increases .YOUr Baby's heart beat can be heard from doppler starting from the 10 the week

6. skylady

skylady Junior IL'ite

Thankyou all .. Now I feel so relieved ....