Feeling Depressed

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Ishaan10, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Ishaan10

Ishaan10 Bronze IL'ite

I just delivered a baby boy 10 days ago..I already have 3 year old boy...this time we expected a girl baby...n we believed we will have girl baby....but it doesn't happen...I love both my boys...but I needed girl baby now there is no chance as sterilization was done...I don't know it bcoz of baby blues or what , feeling depressed most of the time...not able to enjoy this period...

GeetaKashyap likes this.

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

This shall pass ... evey child is precious :)

3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

It's just postpartum depression due to hormonal swings...feel happy and blessed to have a sweet healthy and normal baby boy...don't worry this phase will pass and you will feel happier soon. Your naughty boys will keep you too busy to brood!

4. Ishaan10

Ishaan10 Bronze IL'ite

I try to overcome it...but couldn't...if I see any girl baby ...I feel depressed...

5. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Aww.. I can understand your feelings. Many parents feel this when their expectations are not met. Just in a few days, you will get over this feeling as your hormones stabilize and your little prince will win you over. Congratulations:thumbup:

dc24 and Amulet like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Ishaan10,

Why don't you visualize adopting a beautiful girl baby? This will get you out of depression. Think about it while you second son is growing. 3-5 years later try to materialize your visualization. You will be a happy mother with two boys and a girl.

dc24 and shravs3 like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Deleted.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If you are unable to overcome your feelings please talk your doctor about post-partum depression. They will be able to help you or direct you to the right resources such as a therapist, counselor or other suitable medical professionals.

lazy and sindmani like this.
  9. boby

boby Silver IL'ite

You are having Post Partum Depression. You can take treatment for it.Next time you feel sad about not having a baby girl, give a thought for people like me who are desperate to have any baby(we are struggling to conceive). It will make you feel better. You are blessed!

10. amritavarshini

amritavarshini Bronze IL'ite

Boy or girl each child is precious...Don't think like that...When you feel low just look into the face of your little one...Think how that baby would feel if he knows his mother didn't want him...It maybe postpartum blues..
    Stay strong... Congratulations on your little bundle of joy... Definitely both your boys are going to make you proud and happy

sindmani likes this.