1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

FEBRUARY.... go fly!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mansimahi, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Sumitha, nice write up! But I have to go na na na.....for Feb is a special month for me! A lot of B'days including that of many dear presidents and no even that cold dreary feb weather doesnot make me sulk, for March is on the horizon and then all that cold and ice rain means snow days and every one at home with blankets/tea/TV and books....now even without even the mention of valentines day, did I not make it sound wonderful? I have come to love Feb for many reasons Sumitha....thank you for allwoing me express!

1 person likes this.
  2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Ha.. haaa.. Nice writeup in a hillarious way but all the points you have mentioned are true...

Personally, mee too dont like feb.. Im scared of Feb.. I already have a heavy feeling while writing the date & month... I too wish this month to go fast.. and simply i want to wake up soon to march...

And yes reg the valenties day.. you have said it very correctly..

These moral police dont have a problem of PDAs on other days.. but on V-day if they a boy & girl together they will have a problem.. and my silly brain is having a sudden thought now... What these moral police do on V-day if two guys are roaming together.. (considering the increasing g-factor & dostana now-a-days).. So will they declare a curfew like thing.. haaa haaa

Enjoyed reading this

1 person likes this.
  3. esbanu

esbanu Gold IL'ite

Nice explanation of this month FEB.. always trouble to type or spell.. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sumitha,

My, what a post. You really seem to have it in for "Febuary"!!! I did not know about the "r" being silent. Speaks volumes for my skills of observation or the lack thereof I suppose. :hide: :bonk

I too hate this irregularity associated with this month. Why can't it just behave like all other months and have 30 days? In fact why can't all months have just 30 days? It is a nice, round figure. I hate odd numbers.

As for Valentine's day, I could not agree with you more. (Believe me, my neck has got a serious crick with all the nodding in agreement I indulged in while reading your post). I have actually watched a girl in her 20s crying because she did not get a Valentine's day card. :crazy And what's more it was from her parents she was expecting it. (I thought it is supposed to be only from romantic partners). Is this madness or what? The enthusiasm with which the moral police lash out at them is also totally insane. Well, it takes all sorts to make the world go round (I wish it would adjust its movement so as to allow the number of hours in a day and the number of days in the year be round figures, preferably even ones).

1 person likes this.
  5. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

hahaha....finally one person who really understands me :p Lot of my friends from the US agree that feb is the worst month for them...and they all wait for the spring just like you do...let me join
    iyou in singing feb feb go away... :)

thanks navs

1 person likes this.
  6. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

hmmm..snuggling during the cold days with a hot cup of tea does sound cozy and inviting.... :D Glad you like february....may this month bring you all happiness alwaysl !!!

1 person likes this.
  7. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Thanks Pallavi :)

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mansi dear nice write up. Your write up has given me idea to write a threadbut i cant write like you.

1 person likes this.
  9. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Thanks esbanu...my daughter has trouble spelling it and so do i :p

10. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

I second your wish !!! :thumbsup

Thanks satzi...