Favourite holiday destination

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Sindhurao, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

HI Chitra:

Aren't the Ajanta and Ellora caves splendid? I saw them a couple of times way back in the early 80s. Would love to go alongwith my children and husband there.

Have you had a chance to look at Bibi ka maqbara and other places around Aurangabad ? - they sure are worth a visit.

Thanks for coming here!

Sindhu

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Sindhu ,

Hope you are doing fine and enjoying the IL meets in Bangalore.:)

In response to the original post, my favourite destination and holiday spot is Egypt.I love going again and again year after year to this place only if I had enough bank balance:crazy and good company.

Alas, dreams are meant to be dreams but I am glad that I have been there and visited Cairo , Aswan , Luxor etc.

I have always been fascinated with the pyramids and mummies ever since I was a kid and Egypt was on my top list of places to the visited which I prepared sometime back.Another destination which I would love to make it some time this year or next year is Peru.I am not a person who loves scenic places and I am more into ancient ruins and heritage sites:crazy.

Nice thread :thumbsup

3. Chitra29

Chitra29 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sindu
    Yes! Ajantha & Ellora both are splendid & wonderful place. Ajantha is rich in cave paintings!....Ellora-architectural beauty on rocks with two & three storey structures with steps carved!..... wow! still they are in my eyes...
    We stayed there for three days & visited Bibi ka maqbara & other imp tourist attractions.
    Next time I think I should stay there atleast for a week & leisurely explore all the caves one by one.
    Thank you for your response. REgards.
    chitra

4. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Sabitha:

Really good to see you here. Was beginning to wonder where you had disappeared:rotfl. Doing good here and looking forward to the next IL meet in Bangalore:).

Oh yes, Egypt would figure in my list as well once I have made a trip. It looks like I need more than one lifetime to see my list of places since it keeps growing:crazy.

Peru sounds exotic to me! So you want to visit the Aztec ruins? If I am not mistaken, one of Tintin adventures was amongst these ruins!

Let me make a guess - would Angkor Vat be a part of your list?:)

Sindhu

5. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Right on the spot !

Angkor wat is also in my list. I heard the temple complex is huge and anyone who goes there is marvelled with the architecture.

'Tintin and the prisoners of the sun' is based on the last remaining tribe from the inca civilization.I guess you were referring to this title in the series.

As you said one lifetime is not enough to cover all these exotic locations and only hope that I would be able to see atleast some of them before I start doddering :crazy

6. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Good guess!

Yes, that was the title I was referring to, though I'm a bit confused now with my world history - inca /aztec, etcRant.

I'm sure you will see a lot of places on your list since you are strategically located:) But then, if your list keeps growing like mine, it is another matter altogether :).

Sindhu

7. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Hehe even I always get confused between Mayans , Aztecs and Incas not knowing who belongs where in the map, but they are all somewhere in Greater America [NA + SA] .

8. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hahaha... yes, a good idea - as long as we know they are in the Americas - we shouldn't feel too bad:)

9. anita2912

anita2912 Bronze IL'ite

Hi All

Being a Mumbaikar we frequently vist Mahableshwar and Lonavala during holidays.
    However my favourite destination in India is Mount Abu and Shimla.
    Internationally I would like to vist London and Dublin again.Had wonderful time in Dublin,Ireland during our vist there.

Hope to visit Paris and Venice someday......

10. bhansnig

bhansnig Senior IL'ite

Hi,

My favourite destination is GOA in India. I go there atleast once in 2 years. I love the pristine beaches, the laid back life, and the sunset.

Allepey in Kerala is another place i like.

My ultimate choice is Venice and then Paris.Venice is awesome.