Favourite holiday destination

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Sindhurao, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hello everyone:

Do you have a favourite holiday destination? That one place you love going back to again and again?

In India, earlier we loved going to Coorg. Loved going during monsoons when the rains enhanced the beauty of the place. But now, sadly, there is too much deforestation that has taken place, I feel Coorg is no longer what it used to be 10-15 years ago. Our current favourite is Goa!

Outside India the one place I wouldn't mind going back again to is Paris - there is so much to see and do. And just walking along gives you so much pleasure!

Sindhu

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009

2. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi,

would want to visit and explore Switzerland and Venice....have just seen in picture..i have heard its very beautiful...

3. Susila

Susila New IL'ite

It is nice to think of vacation places. I too would love to be in Paris and Switzerland.

Susi

4. Nayan_gd

Nayan_gd New IL'ite

hi,

In india, my favourite holiday would always be goa, but since i have been born and broought up there it is not an holiday destination for me, but yes it is really very beautiful, close to portugal.

So for me it is shimla, kullu, manali, beautiful places specially in winter, too good.... yes and i have also heard lots about coorg and kudremukh, they too are beautiful.... have not been there

and outside india would be swizerland and australia, have never been there but heard a lots about these places and also seen in pics

5. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Roopa:

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, Switzerland and Venice are so enticing, you would surely want to visit these places.

Sindhu

6. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Susi:

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Paris and Switzerland are amongst the popular touristic destinations in the world. I think they will be on most people's list!

Sindhu

7. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Nayan_gd:

Lucky you were born and brought up in beautiful Goa:).

Shimla, Kullu.... have heard so much about them - wouldn't mind making a trip to these places!

Switzerland seems to be everyone's favourite:) and Australia with its great Barrier reef, Gold coast and Outback should be one interesting place!

Sindhu

8. ranjoose

ranjoose Bronze IL'ite

Id love to go to udupi-st mary's island and spend a lot of time there..Also Honnemardu in Shimoga-beautiful..Full of nature and the sounds of birds..mmmmmmmmm

9. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Ranjoose:

I have heard my cousins / realtives tell me a lot about St. Mary's island but have never been there. Honnemardu in Shimoga - gosh, Shimoga is my native town and I have never thought of going to Honnemardu.

Thanks Ranjoose for sharing about Honnemardu - it will surely be on our trip list!

Sindhu

10. Chitra29

Chitra29 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sindu
    I've been to Ajantha & Ellora in Feb 2007. Now It has become my favourite place pushing down all the other places in my list. Again,if I get a chance I would like to go there!
    chitra