1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fav characters in movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by orion80, Jan 3, 2012.

1. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

Hasini...in Santhosh Subramaniyum!!!!!!!!

Happy go girl Character

1 person likes this.
  2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

1. Among heroes- the one that remained my favorite is undoubtedly Surya of Thalapathy. It's not easy to make Karnan a lovable character, knowing very well that he was loyal to the Kauravas but Maniratnam made it possible with a complexed character such as Surya. Definitely one of the better performances of Rajini.

2. Among all Kamal's characters, the one I loved the most is Nammavar. I always wished I had a revolutionary yet cool lecturer such as Dr. Selvam. Sadly all of my lecturers were as old as Nagesh was (sans the comedy timing of course).

3. I love Karthik in Varusham 16 and Mouna Raagam. In fact, I became such a fan of his that I started watching all his other films hoping to see the same magical Karthik again. Sadly he never did and I ended up watching all his stupid, idiotic films such as Solla Ninaikira Manasu, Mr. Karthik and even grew to hate him soon after.

4. Although Prabhu is famous for his bubbly roles, the one where I admired him most was Agni Natchathiram. I was so in love with the character that I even told my friends that I would name my first born son as Gautham...that is until I came across Gautham Menon after which I abandoned all my previous plans :-(

5. Madhavan in Alaipayuthey. I enjoyed the vibrant, exciting Karthik. If such a person was alive, I'm pretty sure that people around him will never get bored. He's just so full of live, adventurous, bold and loving. It's so easy to identify with him. He makes mistakes, he gets angry for small nothings, he turns lovable in a split second and he's bold enough to make his choices and stand by them. Madhavan wouldn't have been such a hit if Karthik 's character was written by a lesser director. Hats off to Mani.

6. Vinay of Unnale Unnale. Again, I doubt I would be drooling at Vinay if not for the Karthik character he played in Unnale Unnale. Again, Karthik of UU is a pole's apart from Karthik of Alaipayuthey yet I can't help falling in love with both. UU Karthik had a nonchalant style in him. He doesn't seem to know that he's too cute for words. Again he never shies from making mistakes but the beauty about it is that he doesn't think he's wrong with his flirting ways and his appreciation of the girls around him-much to the dismay of his girlfriend.

7 people like this.
  3. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Now for heroines.

1. Githanjali in Idhayathai Thirudathey. All bubbly characters in Tamil cinema henceforth (Madhubala in Roja; Preity Zinta in Dilse; Genelia in Santosh Subramaniam; Tanisha in Unnale Unnale etc) happened to be an extension of Githanjali, I feel. Mouna Ragam Divya had some of her traits but she was much stricter and reserved. Githanjali on the other hand was just a wild roller-coaster! Amazing character. You don't have to have heart disease to live like Githanjali. You just need to be her!

2. Simran in Kannathil Muthammital
    I really felt for her in this film. Being an adoptive mother, she was caught between her love for her daughter and biological sons. And as much as she wants to be equal with her feelings for all her kids, the truth about the adoption outs her in a tight spot. You just got to feel her pain when she asked her sister in law, "Didn't I bring her (Amutha) up properly? I did, didn't I?"

And again, the part where she calls back home and tries to pacify her crying younger son was just so heartbreaking. Indra is such a wonderful character and Simran (With the aid of Deepa Venkat's dubbing) did full justice to it.

3. Saranya Mohan in Yaaradi Nee Mohini
    Move aside Nayanthara- you may be the sexiest in town but this bubbly sister character won my hearts with her performance. She's just too wonderful for words and cute. I still giggle when I see the part where she confesses her love to Danush and then comes running shyly to her room, hiding her face on the mattress.

4. Laila in Kandha Naal Muthal
    She's perfect. Need I say more? ;-)

6 people like this.
  4. AshMenon

AshMenon Gold IL'ite

Got reminded of a couple of characters...

# Aman [Salman Khan] in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.. He is so adorable, so friendly with his MIL, goes ga-ga after Kajol, but still he hands Kajol over to SRK :rant who has already wed and has a kid :spin

Had a crush on him esp during "tere ghar aaya" opening song for him :)

# Karthik [Madhavan] in Alai payuthe. I can say for sure that there is NO other movie of maddy, which I liked this much! He is awesome in the movie. Esp when he asks Shalini's dad "yaarunge indha ponnu" :rotfl in "yaaro...yaarodi" song :)

# Jack Sparrow [Johnny Depp] in Pirates of the Caribbean. I liked him in all the sequels of Pirates of the Caribbean... Too good performance :thumbsup

To be contd :)

3 people like this.
  5. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

In tamil cinema(not a cliche, though!) a heroine has to be excessively innocent and unsuspectingly naive, lol. Hasini is one such character.

Another one which i can recollect is Meera Jasmine in Pudhiya Geethai.

Shalini's sister in oye(telugu) is the epitome of such characterization.

My favourite charactization

1) Manivannan in Mudhalvan. A sidekick role, though stands distinct.

2) Lekha washington in Jeyamkondan. The way she hides her emotions in front of all, but bursts into tears when alone-very powerful rendering.

3) Ajith in Amarkalam. The only movie where he never overdid or underplay the role.

4) Silambarasan in VTV- the way he carried both the pain of his love failure and moving on in life. Simple, yet elegant.

5) Robert Downey Jr: Though doesn't fit the theoretical description of Sherlock Holmes, he indeed created a 2.0 version of it.

6) Johnny Depp in movies with his lazy, sulking expression!!

7) Archana in Moghamul. Somewhere at the end of the movie, the beautiful character is totally massacred.

8) Of course, the subdued expressions of Kamal Hassan as Senapathy(Indian)!!

1 person likes this.
  6. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Sofea.. I cant help but agree with you for Alaipayuthey... I have became such a fan to Karthik character in the film, from then onwards I have such a feeling that whoever is of that name "Karthik" are good and always i have the soft corner for the guys / celebrities with name Karthik.. (until i came across one idiot in my college with such name... But still except him for me if i come across the name "Karthik"... I smile within)

That has become my favourite name .... KARTHIK .. KARTHIK..

(Remaining characters.. i have never thought like you in depth .. so not able to give my opinion on this..)

1 person likes this.
  7. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Saw Tangled in Star movies last week. Oh boy, oh boy.. Rapunzel's hair is sooo awesome. They picturized the character of Rapunzel so beautifully. A nice Disney film after a long time.

My fav characters in the film: Rapunzel, Maximus, Flynn Ryder, the thugs

Rapunzel
    Tangled-Movie-Stills-04.jpg

Rapunzel's beautiful golden hair
    Tangled.jpg

Baby Rapunzel
    tumblr_ld946eh43B1qde10po1_400.jpg

Flynn Ryder
    dashing-flynn-rider.jpg

A beautiful scene with a wow song
    Rapunzel.jpg

1 person likes this.
  8. LoveUrLovedOnes

LoveUrLovedOnes Senior IL'ite

surya in ghajini. I just love his character, his humour sense, his love for asin. I have watched the film so many times for him

9. LoveUrLovedOnes

LoveUrLovedOnes Senior IL'ite

Among Hindi movies, I love SRK in kal ho na ho.. the way he talks, his dashing personality! wow...and preity zinta also did a good job

10. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Let me say:
    Kajol in Kuch Kuch hota Hai. I loved the tomboyish part in the beginning & softer part in the later half
    Revathi in Mouna Raagam. Kind of different role.
    Revathi in Movie Anjali. I think she has given her best as a mother of special child
    Kamal in Anbe Sivam. Such an inspiring role.
    Sangeetha in Pithamagan. Best one as a supporting actress.
    Surya in Kaakha Kaakha.