1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Father

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Feb 28, 2018.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Hi Friends i dedicate this post to my father who left this world on this day to heavenly abode.usually we say our father is a friend,philosopher and guide.But to me he was a guide by his deeds and not by words.

He gifted me the best in every field.First good education which helped me to be with you and then freedom in selecting dress ,jewels etc.etc.from the age of ten.

He had taken us to all the historical monuments in Tamilnadu and i felt happy seeing those places which i came to know from books.He was the one who had great confidence in me .He was a member in the local Sangeetha sabha and got tickets for all programs.He asked me to go there and enjoy Good music and Plays.That was the foundation stone for my wall of Music.

Now i wonder how he had a thought to take us to such places eventhough he was from a small town in southern most part of Tamilnad and not highly educated.I thank him forgiving a wide knowledge about historical monuments,Music,Books and good Behaviour.He asked me to hear news from Radio channels VOICE OF AMERICA AND RADIO MOSCOW.Though it is very hard to follow the fluency and understand the language it helped me to know about more English words. These all happened a decade ago and i wonder how he got such a great exposure.

He started his Dairy farm in the year 1954 with ten Jersey cows and rose to an unbelivable growth in his business.He formed a co-operative milk society .He helped the people financially to buy cows and they repaid the loan in instalments .An EMI introduced sixty years back and what a future vision he had.
    He loved all the community and no hatred towards anyone.only after his death we came to know about the people who were educated by my Father.He arranged for bank loans to buy Cattles,Ducks which changed the life style of rural people.Showed a way for their future and that's what they needed.This is just a humble dedication to my Father whom i can't forget till my end.

If i am a bold,kind hearted and trustworthy human being now the credit goes to my FATHER WHO WAS A SIMPLE,HARDWORKING AND STRAIGHTFORWARD MAN. No more words to tell about his calibre.Thank you my affectionate Father and bless me to have a Peaceful life.

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

We are what we are because of our parents. Well written. A Wonderful tribute to your Father Periamma. Thanks for sharing.

kaniths, knbg, periamma and 2 others like this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

So often we get carried away by our wants and ambitions, success adds a newer dimension to us. But behind all this lies a million lessons taught by our parents and an equal number of sacrifices made by them. A beautiful tribute, periamma.

4. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

super duper memories maa

real heroes, heroines are dad and mom but many of us realize that rather very late...

periamma likes this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jskls Thanks Lakshmi .

jskls likes this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@GeetaKashyap Thanks Geeta

7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@GoogleGlass very true .Thanks for your response

GoogleGlass likes this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma,

Such fond memories of your dad. Our parents may not be here in person, but their deeds live on through us and they will always be with us in spirit.

Coincendentally, today is also the anniversary of my fil who passed away in 1999.

kaniths and periamma like this.
  10. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@satchitananda Hi Satchi how are you? Busy bee.yes ma they are guiding us the right path to follow.Thanks ma

satchitananda likes this.