1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Father retirement Party gift Idea

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by BuviVishal, Jul 11, 2012.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends,

On december end my father is going to retire from his job. i am only a girl to him. I am loving my father very much. He did many things good for me but i am not doing anything for him. I got married on last year. Since i am not being with him i am always thinking as i am not with my dad and mom and for every occasional i am giving gifts and wishing them. i am not doing all these stuff before marriage :bonk.

I am thinking to celerate this function very well. my mom is telling that put 3 savaran chain to your dad on that day. I accepted but i feel that its very normal. I just wish to celebrate in unique way. having much more days.

Could you please suggest your ideas.

2. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

there must be something your dad wished for secretely; but cudnt fulfill for any reason; like meeting an old friend/relative, a book from his fav author(probably author signed one), may be a trip to some holy place/sight seeing place;

your mom should probably know his secret wish :)

3. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

y no reply???????????

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I have few suggestions. Take your mom and dad on a trip to which they wanted to go but could not go. The experience of a good trip is very unique. Book the tickets, hotel and all the plans and give them surprise!

If he is interested in Computors...can give him something related to computors. Laptop or IPad or some software which he would like to have

If a music lover nothing better than an I Pod.

If a book lover Gift certificate of the amount that you want to spend...so that he can choose his books.

Or a day trip to some nearby sightseeing place and then a good dinner inviting his close people also.

Do not give Bhagavadgita....I do not why so many give Bhagavadgita as retirement gift. I am not against Bhagavadgita, it is a great book with a great message...but why as retirement gift?

Syamala

5. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

I like the idea of sponsoring a vacation trip for him. It can be local or overseas,depend on your budget.

6. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Dear shyamala and hachiko,

Anyhow on that day we need to give party to his colleagues and relatives. so on that day i could not give the dinner party and cannot roam outside.

Please tell some other idea.

7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    If he doesnt have laptop why not a laptop and get him registered to IL It has helped many seniors and also he can video chat with you too

1 person likes this.
  8. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Thanks vjbunny. After getting my salary i was gifted the laptop to him. And now he is having smartphot too. By this we are doing video call.

9. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

1.Book a holiday trip for him and mom to someplace he always wanted to visit.
    2. Create a photo montage of his life since he started working, if you have such pictures.
    3. Gadgets like camera, camcorder ,iPod,iPad,etc.

If u tell us what he is interested in maybe we can help more.

10. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

My father retirement date came to very close dec 31st. I bought 3 pown chain but i would like to do something unforgetable.

My father doesnt like give a party since all his old colleagues are already left over and he doesnt waste money for this. anyhow our new home function will be there in mid of jan. He feel that i will give a party at that occassion.

Seems my father is started to worrying about his work. he worked around 20 years in the same office without any transfer. Please please pour your ideas to make him as happy on that day.