Fascinating Life

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by ansh12, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Ansh

Lovely to see you writing after a long long time..

I am sure Ananya is thrilled with the bonus ... two pups !! am writing to her separately

take care .. will call you soon

cheers

Bhooma

2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ansh ,

Immensely enjoyed your accounts of the birds and the lovable puppies.
    You are a true daughter and worshipper of Mother Nature and your little daughter has inherited this wonderful trait from you too.
    Very heartwarming to read about the manner in which you looked after those helpless pups .Seeing their pictures and how vulnerable they were at the time you rescued them and saved them from the dangers that lurk at night was very comforting.Reading through your post with a catchy title and viewing your lovely pictures brought to mind this particular poem that I'd like to share with you.........<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TD background=/images/kutu4.gif width=5><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; HEIGHT: 467px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=top><!--- List Navigation start
    <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" id="table19"> <tr> <td width="120" bgcolor="#FFE79B"> << prev. poem</td> <td bgcolor="#FFE79B" align="center"> Top500 Poems : 236 / 500</td> <td width="120" bgcolor="#FFE79B" align="right"> next poem >></td> </tr> </table> ​

List Navigation end ---><TABLE id=table20 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><!----><TABLE id=table21 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TD style="WIDTH: 100%"><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TD vAlign=top width=30><TD style="WIDTH: 100%" vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 width=200 align=right><!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js?pub=yenimedya"></SCRIPT><!-- AddThis Button END -->

Maker of Heaven and Earth (All Things Bright and Beautiful)

<TD vAlign=top rowSpan=2 width=100><!-- <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" id="table24"> <tr> <td width="100%"> <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#800000" bordercolorlight="#800000" bordercolordark="#800000" style="border-style: solid; border-width: 1" id="table25"> <tr> <td width="100%" align="center"> #236</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="100%" align="center" bgcolor="#FFCCCC"> in Top500</td> </tr> </table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="100%"> </td> </tr> </table> -->
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=122 bgColor=#f1f2f2>

<TD class=z1><FORM method=get action=/p/m/vote1.asp target=_top>
    </FORM>​

<!----><TD vAlign=top><TABLE id=table23 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TD vAlign=top width=30><TD style="WIDTH: 100%" vAlign=top>All things bright and beautiful,
    All creatures great and small,
    All things wise and wonderful,
    The Lord God made them all.

Each little flower that opens,
    Each little bird that sings,
    He made their glowing colours,
    He made their tiny wings.

The rich man in his castle,
    The poor man at his gate,
    God made them, high or lowly,
    And ordered their estate

The purple-headed mountain,
    The river running by,
    The sunset, and the morning,
    That brightens up the sky;

The cold wind in the winter,
    The pleasant summer sun,
    The ripe fruits in the garden,
    He made them every one.

The tall trees in the greenwood,
    The meadows where we play,
    The rushes by the water
    We gather every day;--

He gave us eyes to see them,
    And lips that we might tell,
    How great is God Almighty,
    Who has made all things well.

Cecil Frances Alexander
    </B>

We , at home are all ardent animal lovers. The daily feeding of crows, squirrels and two friendly cats are done with clockwork precision.Besides these visitors from outside, we have a Labrador called Romeo and a Spitz called Juliet who ofcourse gets the most attention as they are in - house guests of many years!

All the best in rearing the two pups.Do post pictures of them as they grow up.What have you named them?

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ansh,

Thanks to Custard's nomination of your post to FP, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and seeing all those heart warming pictures!

You really love your animals and they must be happy and recognize a true friend in you.

You do possess a very loving heart. God must be really happy with you and your young daughter.

Besides enjoying your post, I also enjoyed the lovely poem above presented by our lovely Paulina.

L, Kamla

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sorry for coming this late to this thread of yours Ansh.
    Hats off to you and your daughter in taking care of animals.

In my earlier years, my grandma and my mom used to feed the stray cats, which come to our house.
    Same with my MIL, who used to have a dozen cats in their household..even after their family moved, she went to the previous apt. to feed them.

In our house, we have a bird feeder and as Tina pointed out..squirrels also share bird seeds.

Paulina, I remember this poem in school...thanks for sharing it here.

sriniketan

5. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

ANKS Your are mother earth, A womans true test lies in how she protects, your loving hearth will be rewarded by thousands of thankful licks from the dogs, and clucks froms birds, and flowers from the plants ------------they are the real world along with us.

i have 2 dogs and feeding birds,squirrel etc
    -------and around a 100 pots of green and flowers to the frustrations of everbody around me. i just love them cant get rid of them-----------it gives me hours and hours of joy.:cheers

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ansh

Glad to know that you love animals. Enjoyed reading your post and the care you take of them. You will be surprised if I tell you that we have had four generations of kittens in our house. We dont have any back yard so they are also like a family member. My husband has a soft corner for them and does not like hurting them.

Now we have the mother kitten and two of her children, mother is brown in colour, one kitten is black and white and healthy and the other one black in colour. The present mother we call as lucky and the kittens kunju kali and karambi.

Lucky was born on 1st September. For her , her delivery place is behind the TV , usually they say the cats change many places after delivery but our cat lucky does not remove her kittens from behind the TV till they become bigger. After the kittens start having milk and food we send them out quite far away so that they cant come back. Lucky's children are one year old now, we sent them out but they came back and stayed here only.

They have chapaties, milk, papad and dahi rice. Whenever we bring Samosa, or any other eatables first they want to eat.

Some people when they come to our house dont like the cats but my husband does not say anything. Once someone had come and they did not like the cat being there so I put the cat out and locked the window for which my husband got angry and told why are you so cruel to him.

sorry the post became long.

love
    viji

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  7. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

hey bhooma,
    i did not know how else to reach you... so writing in this thread..

i read your inputs on some drs in chennai. want some information on them, could you pls reply if u are reading this thread still ??

To Mod : How do i contact Bhooma if she misses this thread ?

8. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Hemad

Hi

Previously I used to take Jeff and then Joshua to JP Pet clinic which is in Adyar .

Now the doc is Dr Arun who has a clinic in St Marys Road . He also has a kennel.

Both doctors are very good. In fact Arun is Dr JP's student .

Do let me know what other information you require

cheers

Bhooma

yes I have been very inactive in IL for some time now .. just logged in to this section today

9. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

hey bhooma,
    :oops: and anyways thanks for making me laugh !!:rotfl

i wish i also have a pet doggy... hope it happens sometime in my lifetime:yes:

i was actually wanting to ask ur opinion on fertility drs at MMM hospital.. because i see that you have written about treatment of two of your cousin's wives there...
    which gynaec is better in this hospital ? was their delivery also there or could they chose hospitals of their choice?

10. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

ooops... u were asking about doctors for human beings and I replied about a veterinarian :)

thats what happens with we dog lovers ... :) for me any question anything asks I feel is about dogs and Blue Cross and stray dogs :) sorry dear .. and your post was in the pets' forum.... I am extremely sorry..

I will be seeing my cousin sometime this week and shall get you more info ..... what exactly are you looking for ? treatment for infertility? then there are other posts where many people have written about their experience with various doctors

but about this particular doctor who treated my cousins' wives.. I shall definitely let you know details

sorry once again for goofing up :)

cheers

Bhooma