FAQs on Ask Chivtish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

This thread has some FAQs most asked in this forum. This is to make sure each and every ones question about finding things in this forum is best answered.

Love,
    Chithra.

2. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

FAQ's on Ask Chitvish

FAQ on Ask Chitvish

I have started this thread, on CV’s request to provide answers to some FAQ’s at the forum. This forum is just like any other forum in IL, but the level of information here is just too much to find what we are looking for! There is no real possibility of having a customized google in here, and hence this thread! Of late, there have been a lot of queries on – how to search a recipe, how to add a link, how to navigate, where can I find parupusilli, what do I do with extra wheat rava I bought by mistake, or how can I find recipes that use khoya etc.
    It is in CV’s best interest to make sure each and every one of your questions are answered and that the information in the forum is utilized to the fullest extent possible. So, I plan to write on some FAQ’s here in this thread. Feel free to post your comments, on what all you would need to be answered on.

How to Subscribe to Ask Chitvish
    Note: Please subscribe to the new SBS forum too in the same manner

To the regulars in the forum, keeping up with the updates is a real big task. The option is indeed subscribing to the post. Doing this will send you regular mails about the forum and you can come and check on the site as and when you find something interesting. The best way to keep in touch with the entire forum is to subscribe to the forum as a whole.
    Before I delve any further – have a look at this link How can I subscribe to a Forum?
    This is ideally what we need to do to be notified about this forum! Here is a pictorial journey!

Step One :Go to the Forum you want to subscribe to ( In this case, Ask CV)

askcv.JPG

Step Two : Click Forum Tools

subscribe.JPG

Step Three: Select Subscribe to this Forum
    This is the screen that will come there.

dailyupdate screenshot.JPG

It is a good idea to select daily updates if you want to regularly keep in touch with the forum. On a average, there is at least one recipe posted everyday here. Also, it helps you to keep in touch with the interactions in the comments thread.Once you select daily updates, and click on Add Subscription, you will see this window.

untitled.JPG

This redirects you to Ask Chitvish.You will only receive one mail a day(for daily updates), with the list of thread that are updated over the day. You will also be able to see only one specific post in the mail and will direct you to login to view further.

This is how the mail will look like -
    sub on mail.JPG

The next on series is “How to add a link from the recipe index to a FB?”

Thanks,
    Arch

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  3. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Re: FAQ's on Ask Chitvish

How to add a link from recipe index to a FB?

It is a very inspiring idea to add a link to a Feedback. Regulars know how much a Feedback can entice one to prepare a dish. It has been observed that, though many of us are tempted to do a dish – we do not really know where it is posted! The best way to tempt others is to give a link in your Feedback. It helps CV to identify between similar sounding recipes, induces readers to click at the recipe and of course, helps for more “boni” to the recipe. So, here is how you do it!

Step One:

Finish typing your FB.
    typed reply initial.JPG

Step Two: Select the dish's name in your FB

selected recipe name in reply.JPG

Step Three: Locate the recipe in the Index. In this case, from the SBS index.

in index.JPG

Step Four: Open the corresponding recipe. In case of recipes with more than one post, hyper linking the first post is more than enough to evoke interest! Select the link address.

recipe link.JPG

Step Five: Get back to the comments thread, and now hyper link. There are three steps here! Click on the insert link icon on top.
    hyperlink one.JPG

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  4. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

5. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

wow arch good job.... its very informative specially inserting a hyperlink . i do find it more easy when i saw hyperlinks on some body's fb its easy to search the recipe what they r talking abt . god bless u .

6. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Arch,

Super kalakals ma and at the same time it's very informative for all of us. Thank you very much for your effort and time.

7. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Arch dear...

That's a great job... thanks for all your efforts with chituumaa...

8. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Dear Arch,

Thanks for the effort u r putting in this. It ll sure help people new to the forum and everybody who wants do some search.

Regards,
    CC

9. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

How to do Advanced Search in Ask Chitvish Series - Part (1)

This option is very useful is you are searching with a particular ingredient in mind for a recipe.

I had posted this earlier in the comments thread, but for easier reference - posting the same here.

For all recipes from Ask Chitvish using a ingredient, in this case - condensed milk ( Normally none of Chitvish recipes carry a brand name, in order to avoid confusions - it only carries the product,ie the ingredient's name).

To search for all recipes using condensed milk:

1. Search in "I love Sweets" and "Elegant Desserts for Perfect Indulgence" Thread.

2. In "I love Sweets" - Click on "Search this thread" in the menu bar. Select Advanced Search

3. Type the words "condensed milk" in the key terms, and the user name as "Chitvish". Check the box that says exact user name. This step is very useful to get the relevant recipes. Do give the right poster's name, as it may also throw FB's that may contain the word condensed milk if not specified.

screenshot one.jpg

4. The results shall be as follows.

screenshot2.jpg

Cheers

Arch

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  10. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Arch,
    Your thread is extremely timely and helpful.
    Thank you and God bless you