famous temples of mumbai

Discussion in 'Mumbai & Navi Mumbai' started by vidyasri16, Feb 17, 2011.

1. vidyasri16

vidyasri16 New IL'ite

List of Famous Temples in Mumbai :
    1. Siddhivinayaka Temple.
    2. Mahalakshmi Temple.
    3. Bana Ganga Siva Temple.
    4. Babulnath Siva Temple.
    5. Mumba Devi.
    6. Phanswadi Tirupathi Balaji Temple.
    7. Markandeyshwar Siva Temple.
    8. Pancha Mukha Hanuman Temple.
    9. Dader Hanuman Temple.
    10. Swami Samarth Temple.
    11. Sheetala Devi Temple.

2. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

That's really an extensive and useful list for all ardent devotees;:thumbsup

Hope you could upload a few photos in the coming days!!

Saras

3. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Hi Dear,

i have been in mumbai for past 4years but still didnt visited much temples which is mentioned in the list ....coz of unaware about the places..
    as Saras as mentioned it will be nice to see some of these temple photos,god and goddess and also the brief story,viewers will get visual treats to their eyes...also people like me will get aware about most famous templesof mumbai..

:cheers
    Deepu

4. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hey Vidyasri,
    This is really a good topic you started. Many people would love to visit these temples if they know about them.

I would definitely try and gather more information for readers.

Regards,
    Vaidehi

5. meVaidehi

Let me start with Siddhivinayak.

Its in Prabhadevi Dadar. Quite close to Dadar station less than a km. Amitabh and other stars go there often. Its said to be ichchhapurti temple. There are a couple of his vahan's statues people tell wishes in their ears.
    Better to visit during afternoons avoiding Tuesdays and Chaturthi being too crowded normally. They have arti before closing at 8 in evening.
    Here's a snap.
    Vaidehi

Attached Files:

6. meVaidehi

Mahalaxmi Temple is also a very famous temple on Bhulabhai Desai Road. All slow trains for Churchgate stop at Mahalaxmi station. There are three images Mahakali, Mahalaxmi and Saraswati. Its a beautiful sea view around the temple. On Fridays and during Navratri its quite crowded. The lines are almost till the bus stop and you might have to wait for 2-3 hours for Darshan. But take care of your footware. I lost mine on the first day :hide:

7. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

hi vaidehi :hiya

its nice to hear about siddhivinayak temple and mahalaskmi temple,you have well described thanks for sharing dear

:cheers
    deepu

8. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

hi everybody,

Daily you can watch Mumbai Siddhi Vinayaka on MI MARATHI channel from sharp 7am till 7.20am which begins with a beautiful sloka on Ganesha. Also Siridi Sai Baba on the same channel from 6.30am till 6.50am on all first five days of the week ie..sunday till thursday, because on friday they telecast Mumbai Mahalakshmi temple and on saturday Shanimatma from shani shingapur. Those who have Tata Sky can watch them on the channel No 834 and also direct telecast from VAISHNAVODEVI from6.20am till 8am until mahamangalarathi on the pujabi channel no..882.

9. meVaidehi

There's also a Sai Trust in Malad. There are Sai Baba, Sita-Ram, Hanuman, Devi Mata, Krishna etc temples all under one roof. The atmosphere is calmingly spiritual. Its between SV road and railway station in malad west. A little search is needed the first time. Lots of people gather at Arti times. All worshipers should definitely visit once in a while.
    Come back for more
    Vaidehi

10. xyzsanta

xyzsanta New IL'ite

hi mevaidehi,

That's a very nice thread u started...also the lovely description u gav..thanx..

I think ISKCON temple in juhu & Swami narayan temple in dadar are also worth a mention..

cheers