Famous Street Food from your City :-)

Discussion in 'Cuisines of India' started by sweetshreya, Apr 3, 2013.

1. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  2. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the recipe. And the name too :) It was awesome. This banana, its the raw and hard banana, not the ripen one isn't it?

3. gopisu

gopisu Senior IL'ite

hi waitingforu,

we still get the idlies with red chutney in Tirupathi, I love them, I ate these idlies in Tirupathi when I had been to India last year. I can't forget the taste at all.

Including the one above...here are my fav spots and foods...
    Mumbai - Thika vala pani puri at chowpati beach, especially the last puri which has some sev and some powder on it, dont remember what powder is it, Ladies, please let me know if you know what it is... Masala papad in restaurants as a starter

Hyderabad - Lemon soda with masala near Dilshukhnagar Bus stop, Irani samosas we usually get to eat in movie intervals in theaters. Veg Burger in King&Cardinal, HimayatNagar

Nizamabad(my home town) - Big size Mirchi Bajji from Chappan Bhog and Mirchi Bajji from Angad Bazar

cool cakes and veg puffs in Bakeries.

Wow...can't resit myself!

2 people like this.
  4. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

Sukhsagar chats for yummy pavbhaji,Dahi based chats,mirchi and hot jalebis and of course the falooda near national market in Bangalore (near Majestic)
    lassi bar near commercial street bangalore,
    Veena stores,Malleswaram Bangalore
    Swati tiffins : Malleshwaram Bangalore
    Dosa camp: Malleshwaram Bangalore.
    There's a Maharashtrian eatery joint in Jaynagar Bangalore, serves yummy sabudana wada and vada pav with salted mirchi
    food street : mysore (it is in the road parallel to Urs road and active mainly in nights),so many varieties of dosas and chutneys. Must try fruit salad there, it is yummmmmmmm.
    Gokul chats: hyderabad
    panipuri stalls: badichowdi hyderabad
    nilgiri namkeen and sweet center: for some chiwda,dhokla,salted dry fruits and spicy samosas badichowdi,hyderabad
    paradise biryani : hyderabad
    rambharosa katchoris: badi chowdi
    Between abids and kingkoti , there used to be a place called crazy checkers or something similar,it was indoor play area ,outside that was a yummy pavbhaji joint. He served yummiest masala pav, and there's also a paan joint , must try laddoo paan there. I haven't been there in 5 years so dont know if it exists now or no.
    Sukhdev Vaishno dhaba enroute delhi and panipat,awesomest food ever...
    Bikanerwalawala sweets and namkeen: Dlehi and Hyderabad.

2 people like this.
  5. meenabalan

meenabalan New IL'ite

This topic kindles my memories too. My list is below
    Madurai
    Mallipoo idly with Kara chutney,coconut chutney,pudhina chutney and multikai sambar near central bus stand. This you can get even after midnight garam garam
    Thirunelveli halwa with a spoon of mixture at last in A corner shop opposite to Regal Theater In Townhall Road.Madhurai.
    Kumbakonam
    Venkatramana Hotel Venpongal medhuvadai and vendhaya gothsu
    Vellari pinju and Nongu (padhaneer) available throughout the way near Ramanasamudram pudukkottai.
    Mumbai
    Bhelpuri near Chuchgate Mumbai.Vadapav near Dadar station.

Tandoori roties with different subzi and dhal at a roadside Punjabi Dhaba en route Jaipur from New Delhi .(available even after midnight)
    Garam garam purines with aloo mutter subzi ( without onion and garlic) in the narrow lanes of Hardwar.
    This you cannot have the count of puris eaten after bathing in Ganga.so very tasty.
    Hot Basmati rice with dhal / vegetable salad and super tasty Dhahi available at all roadside eat outs in Jammu on the way to Vaishnao Devi. You can fill your stomach only with the curd there. Something is really special about that area.
    Fresh fruit juices with masala in it at Nehru Place, Lajpat Nagar and Sarojini Nagar markets at New Delhi.

Of course the rava idli / sambar-chutneys of MTR in Bangalore after waiting in a long queue

Think I heavy left some more items and cities.
    Shall continue
    Meena

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

I'm hungry.... for all of the above mentioned dishes:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  7. akshuanitha

akshuanitha Bronze IL'ite

its really tempting me

1 person likes this.
  8. shashiumesh28

shashiumesh28 Senior IL'ite

missing davangere benne dose and masal puri

1 person likes this.
  9. sandynar

sandynar Gold IL'ite

Kolkata - Mishti doi from Ranikutti, egg rolls from a small shop in tollygunge and Lake market, kc das's rosogolla and of course puchka and churmur
    Hyderabad - born and lived there all my life -panipuri from my fav place in Safilguda
    chinese from a small shop in Marredpally and ofcourse paradise biryani

1 person likes this.
  10. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

I love the mysore bhajji' from Salar Jung Museum canteen.... haven't tasted anything like it anywhere else :)

2 people like this.