1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Family ties

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, May 10, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends
    Man is not an island.We need people around and ties have to be strong.This was the lesson my late father taught me.I have nearly 25 cousins and recently we have started a group wherein we exchange lots of mails.My cousins live all over the world,so it is a good way to keep in touch.We find some of our uncles also chipping in with their memorable stories.Till the day before he died my father used to sit in the net to reply to mails.He used to be so delighted that he was in touch with the younger generation who lived far away.Now we cousins stay in touch in this fast world.One thing i am sad about was there were times when we had time to sit and talk and write letters but that is all gone.But atleast I am thankful that we are able to keep in touch this way.
    Family and friends are a part of our lives.Ireally experienced it this time.when my husband fell all our friends rallied around to help us out that too in foreign land.When we went home my siblings and in laws helped me out to a very very great extent.Passing away of my father all on a sudden was a great shock and my siblings were there .Being together was itself a great comfort.We were always very close and that helped us to overcome the grief.Till his death my father was always in touch with his family and friends.He was so happy when I told him that i will be joining il in nov last.So ties are really soothing....................................
    yours affly kanaka Raghavan

2. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi kanaka,
    ur definitely rite.
    its really nice to keep in touch with family friends and relatives even when we are miles apart.
    this internet, voice chat and webcam are big boons to people living abroad.
    and il is one great site its a family within itself.
    people pour ur thoughts in.
    luv
    pavithra:wave

3. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kanaka,

I too strongly feel that we need to keep in touch with cousins live all over the world. I made all the efforts to send regular emails and try to reach .. but there no receiprocation whatsoever from many...

I really don't understand whay.. anyway, i always felt like an orphan in this country as i have no kids, my father dies when i was one year old, my sister never cared for me since her marriage, my mom has always been a loner, don't like her own siblings and never visit or chat with anybody. Having seen such characters in life, I grromed myself to be different to a great extent and even towards my hubby's relatives, I try to be extremely pleasant, but they all use my hospitality to the maximum and I never getany receiprocation from any of them including my cousins. I always felt one should be lucky to be blessed with lot of good hearted friends, relatives etc., May be I am one of the unfortunate ones. Nowadays, i spend my time in prayers, reading and responding to mails, if i get any.. Not continuing to be nice to people anymore who has no gratitude or regards.

I sincerely wish i have some nice big family and friends around me...

Geeth Priya.

4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priya
    I was very sad when I read your letter.Anyway now that your in Induladies you will always have lots of friends.This site brings people closer to you.Do not worry.You can count on me.I will always keep in touch with you.You can count on me I promise.I am there.Now that I have an extended family I would like othere to feel the same
    yours affly kanaka raghavan:):):)

5. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kanaka,

Thats so sweet of you. I do strongly believe that my attachment to IL is increasing day by day simply bcos I can open up my heart and soul here and I also get good feed back from great people like you.

There are tons of issues for Indian women in life, and this IL forum is a great place to get all the help, advise and solution for many issues.

In a way, I am blessed to be a part of such group and this itself would uplift my spirits.

Thanx again and with the same affection,
    Geeth Priya.

6. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I agree with GeethaPriya.
    THis site is like a best friend where we can openly discuss about our problems/feelings. THere is no bad comments passed on each other which is happening in other websites.

1 person likes this.
  7. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Hi Kanaka & everybody,
    Very touching post indeed.
    In this age, when going abroad has become more a norm rather than an exception, thanks to technology, there are ways to keep in touch.
    In general, one cannot expect 'filmy' type unity between cousins and family politics and relationship equations will always be there!
    However, no harm in being nice from our side and attempting to stay in touch. And sometimes, getting in touch may actually mend relationships and make it better...

Cheers :)