1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fall Colors And Fire Works......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

As I look down from the plane, I cannot help but think how small those trees look. I also think of how beautiful and all pervading even a single tree can look from the earth. I do not know what it is, while on earth everything looks so magnificent and eyes are always drawn heavenward yet sitting up there in the clouds it all looks so insignificant and small.

The Sun is just coming up and is spreading his light on everything that comes his way and at that altitude, it is all clouds and clouds and more clouds. I am stunned. Seeing that Sun rise from that altitude has me spell bound. As the clouds clear every now and then, I watch the earth beneath washed with sunlight, a river giving back the golden light, the tops of the trees eagerly receiving the light. I cannot help but feel "When it is so beautiful up here, who cares about what's on earth!" Yet, I am reminded of the numerous treks I have taken trying to understand how the trees all compete to reach heavenward for their own growth. I often think of ourselves gazing at at stars, some times imagining other worlds, other times tying them down with our own world. I wonder about the obsession we have to look up.

As I watch the earth again, all I see is nature and for the first time the enormity of what nature really means occurs to me. As I put that down in the human context, as in human nature I am finally convinced that it is indeed impossible to comprehend human nature - forget that of entire humanity just one human brain is as complex as the nature we have around us. How amazing that understanding is something I cannot explain.

As I continue my excited chatter, imagining and talking about things that I can and cannot explain, my DH unable to silence me finally with a smile offers "Sky and clouds are all great but you know what, fall colors and fire works are best enjoyed from earth." I know what he means. As the plane touches down, I know I am happy to be back on this earth again. Thinking of earthly things, I am reminded of the cute girl who had walked up to me to say hello to my dog. When I speak, she seems enamored with my accent and finally in a way as only a 8 or 9 year old can ask, asks me "Are you speaking cursive?" I am amused. The teacher in me understands that cursive being another way of writing in the same language, she simply has associated my accent as another way of speaking the same language and not knowing how else to put it, has used her imagination the way she knows best. How cute is that?

As we park, I see the vast expanse of fields. I think of the lightning bugs, long summer days, pups running around barking, kids paying late into night climbing trees, adults sitting around talking things that matter and do not matter while playing loud music and I know it is the world I understand. Indeed fall colors, fire works and so many other things are best enjoyed from earth while the clouds and the star lit skies continue to help us look heavenward....from the earth! All in wonder an joy!

Kamla, Balajee, Arunarc and 12 others like this.

2. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

waah hope i also experience it son nyc portrayal wordings jus awesome

Srama likes this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful write-up Sabitha! Yes some things are best enjoyed from the sky like, sunset, fluffy clouds, Rockies, the blue Carribean waters, horse shoe Niagra falls and so on while some are best enjoyed from earth including the waterfalls, lightning bugs, big cheesy full moon over seashore. Enjoyed your lovely snippet. Thank you

Kamla, kaniths and Srama like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Caide! Appreciate your words.

Caide likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Lakshmi! I was quite enamored with the morning sun on the thick layer of clouds and couldn't stop thinking about it :)

jskls likes this.
  6. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

sun rise and sun set are best moments and i have read in stories that they look very awesome when you are in plane or out of space particularly i like astronauts quotes when they are space glad you experienced it :D

Srama likes this.
  7. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

you write-up is beautiful....for a space of 3 mintues...it felt like i was undergoing all those wonderful feelings.
    Thank you for brightening my day with beautiful sunshine! :blush:

Srama likes this.
  8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabitha,
    Great snippet.
    You took us and showed us the beauties of nature from up above the clouds. Really nature is so beautiful when we see from high altitudes.
    Yes, it is impossible to comprehend human nature and brain....even our own. We are a combination of so many traits.
    My best view of sunrise is from the terrace of our hotel in Kanyakumari....three sea s, Vivekananda Rock Memorial (luckily clouds were not there on that day). Amazing it was!!!
    Fall I like it lot. So many hues of colours we never imagine.
    Our feet are on earth firmly most of times and nature has provided us so much to enjoy from earth. Only thing is we have to open our eyes and look around. So, earthe and heaven are in our view frame.
    Thank you for a good one Sabitha.
    Syamala

Kamla and Srama like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Caide, Thank you. Let me add a couple of pictures that I took and post them :)

Caide likes this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

@beautifullife30 , Thank you for your lovely words. It pleases me to no end that you could walk with me as you read. Thank you so much!