1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Facts Of Life - Kadva Sach

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

I have learned in my spiritual path that it is not what other's say that hurts us but our own reaction to it. I have studied my own mental state whenever someone criticizes me. My mind used to analyze how many different things I would have said in response but failed. I used to see that as missed opportunities. Similarly, I have also studied how I react when someone praises me as well. I used to conduct a celebratory function in my mind by reliving those moments. But that mind had a natural death several years back and now my mind is more balanced but for a few slips every now and then. I remain neutral of who I am as much as I take people as they are. I have no guilt or pride about how people describe me.

Viswa

iyerviji and Vandhuamma like this.
  2. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Hi @iyerviji Aunty ,

I have come to terms with the fact that people will always say something whether we like it or not . It’s how we react to their comments is what matters in the end . In life , we cannot keep everyone happy so let’s just keep ourselves happy . In your case , if this is how your family dynamics works with him cooking and you specializing in other activities then why bother what others say . Most of the chefs or the top Michelin star chefs in the world are men so what’s the big deal if they cook at home . I just dont get it why guys are put on a pedestal or it becomes the talk of the town when they cook . Nobody gives us women laurels when we work shoulder to shoulder with men at work front and also manage the house . It’s like it’s taken for granted that this is what we women are supposed to do !

Ultimately peace of mind is the real treasure that we should hold on to no matter what so just ignore these people and do what makes you happy .

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If that mind dies, how does the person react to constructive criticism or a genuine compliment? That mind has to be alive to examine and distinguish between undue criticism and constructive criticism and issue an appropriate reaction?

If the mind does not celebrate compliments, won't it miss out on the motivation and energy to do well on future goals? Celebrating achievements (and by extrapolation compliments) is an integral part of something-that-escapes-my-mind-right now.

iyerviji likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Do I need to know my strengths and weaknesses from someone else when I am given the discrimination power to evaluate myself? Am I not given the power to evaluate my strengths and similarly given the power to introspect and find my weaknesses? If I do it successfully, then it automatically evaluates undue and constructive criticism. My interaction with friends and family are not dependent upon whether they appreciate or criticize me. It is purely received with a balanced mind and reacted the same way.

Do I need compliments to motivate and energize myself to do things that are fulfilling to me? I believe motivating myself through complements increases my unrealistic expectations.

However, I am ready to admit I am not where I need to be and that is why I said I slip and fall many times but get up and walk towards that goal.

Viswa

5. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

what i understand from the episode you have reported is that that lady was only making some idle talk to pass time , she might not even have noticed what she herself was saying . Just chatting for chatting sake . Or, some people have that kind of nasty personality saying rude things to others .

If you felt bad about it , i think you were over-reacting . Perhaps you were not in your best spirits or you werefeeling weak. You know, physical weakness also makes us more emotional.
    Just forget it .

sindmani and iyerviji like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Dearies for your feedback . I was in Kerala since two weeks and I could not log in to Indusladies.

Will reply to you all individually later

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sorry for the late reply. I am overhelmed with your compliments. true kya farak padthahai. Each one has some good and bad quality, which we should accept. Hugs to you for the sweet message

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sorry for the late reply. Glad to know that your dad enjoys cooking and you enjoy eating his food. I have not trained him dear in act he has trained me and taught me about cooking. In his family all are experts in cooking even the men

Sandycandy likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

HahaMonika dear

MonikaSG likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Very true dear, thanks foryour loving feedback