Extremely Low Milk Supply

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Bliss9, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Thanks doctor,My baby is just 2 months.So planning to bf till 6 months and Hope there is sufficient weight gain.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  2. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

@Bliss9 , Glad to hear that you could make till 6 months with many challenges. Could you please tell me on what you followed to increased your milk supply. I am currently going through same phase. Baby is just 2.5 months and my milk supply is already going low. And also how did you introduce bottle? Any tips.
    I am trying to introduce him bottle ( either expressed my milk or formula one) but he is refusing and crying badly..:(

3. DrVandhana

DrVandhana Bronze IL'ite

Few tips on increasing milk supply are:

Drink lots of water and high fat content milk, take dairy products like cheese, ghee, yoghurt, paneer. Have lots of green leafy vegetables like palak. Have sprouted green gram. Have 3 fruits per day and one boiled egg. Do not take caffeinated and carbonated drinks. Keep warm compresses on breast. Give a oil massage to your chest and take bath in warm water. Be stress free. Keep your mind calm while feeding. Have satavarex granules along with milk and Thenginpookuladi rasayanam twice daily before food. Reduce intake of spicy, sour , salty food items, tubers etc.

For feeding milk use spoon and cup in the beginning. When the baby likes the taste, then go by feeding with a bottle. In the beginning most of the babies refuse. Do this only if you donot have much milk supply or else continue with breastfeeding. Stay happy and blessed.

Ammu2886 likes this.
  4. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks so much Doctor. I am trying my best to include specified food items in my diet. I really want to breastfed my baby till 6 months but he not getting enough weight gain is bothering me.

Thanks for your tips. I saw other reply of you here and want to know where I can get those leghyam's in Bangalore?
    Can you please suggest

5. DrVandhana

DrVandhana Bronze IL'ite

You will get the medicines in ayurvedic pharma's. You c

6. DrVandhana

DrVandhana Bronze IL'ite

You can search in Kottakal and Vaidyaratnam outlets at Bangalore.

Thank you.

7. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Drvandhana ....I will try to find them here...:)

8. Bliss9

Bliss9 Senior IL'ite

Hello @Daffodil13 I religiously pumped /breastfed my baby to keep up the supply I had. Galact granules worked for me. When I say it worked, I didn't mean it bumped my supply from 18 oz to 36 oz, instead it might be increased by couple of ounces. We have introduced bottle to my baby very early, around 11 days after birth but as it was slow flow nipples, it helped her in going back and forth b/n bottle and breast very easily. I stopped pumping after my baby turned 6 months as I have too much of work at office. Now I feed my baby only 3 times a day and rest of the feeds, we give her formula.

Kindly remember millions of babies thrive on formula. We all know that breast is the best but when we cannot produce the milk, we have to look for alternatives to feed them. Do not take it too heavily to your heart. I was in the same boat as you. For about 6 months after delivery, the only thing that always bothered me is the fact that I am not able to feed my baby fully with my milk. I was literally in depression due to this but looking at my little munchkin's growth and how rapidly she is growing,I realized that formula is not making her sick then what is that I am worrying about?

Be stress free. Try all possible ways to increase your milk supply because you do not want to regret later thinking that you should have given your best shot. In the end, if nothing works relax.

9. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Daffodil,check for Kotakkal arya vaidya shala in Bangalore..Which area do u stay?I remember one branch of Kotakal at Domlur.