Extreme Anxiety

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Starkgirl, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

@Starkgirl You got this. I mean I see you are so close to the finish line and I have been following you along the way right from the starting blocks alongwith @pinkydarling so it's like I am cheering for you from the stands and rooting for you.

Maybe that's the reason why I racked my brains and came up with something for you but feel free to ignore it if it doesn't resonate with your heart.

I sat down and thought what I would do if I were in your shoes. What came to me was I would buy a new note book and leave it on my bedside. Every night before I go to bed or a bit earlier like right after dinner I would right "My Baby is Happy & Healthy" like 100 - 200 or whatever times I can manage on that day and then go to bed believing that. In the morning I will write, I am loving this pregnancy and can't wait to see and feel my bundle of joy" ... Play around with the words ... decide the ones that feel best for you and get started. My two cents.

2. Starkgirl

Starkgirl Silver IL'ite

This is nice idea , I will consider this
    Thank you so much

Lalithambigai likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Some more non-invasive suggestions: Reiki from a good practioner, aromatherapy for anxiety, mild relaxing massage and warm bath before sleeping...

Starkgirl, shravs3 and Lalithambigai like this.
  4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@Starkgirl , my hugs, not an easy time for you. I would say your gyne could be more emphatetic to you. You can suck up sadness, you have to grieve it out.

A hunderd things can go wrong in a healthy normal pregnancy. It is futile to worry. Focus your energy on the now. Just follow the sensible dos and donts of your gyne/ DH. The rest is not in your hands.

Firstly, why do you think you have lost your mother? No doubt you miss her but she is around in spirit, always. Feel her presence. I have this belief that when our loved ones move on, they still around to take care of us. Give your worries to your mom, as her to give you a healthy happy baby, she will take your burdens , she will protect you and your baby.

Meditation and/or prayers help with anxiety. If you are religious, then pray. @Rakhii , has shares her experience about diamoku chanting, I found it very soothing. There is something about chanting - about mouthing words that stops you from thinking other things and slowly calms your mind and then slowly fills you with hope and energy. The peace it brings , the burden it lifts, cant be put in words.

Reach out to people when anxiety hits. Hold your DH's hand , your dad's hand , ask them to pat you - sometimes the touch of the loved one is the only balm we need.

Sing/ hum to your baby- it will soothe both of you. Some deep breathing will also help calm the disturbed mind.
    Take care, wishing you a safe pregnancy, a healthy baby and a healthy you.

Starkgirl, shravs3 and Lalithambigai like this.