1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Extras by Women!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by hrastro, Feb 17, 2015.

1. surekhasarathy

surekhasarathy New IL'ite

WOW wow wow is all i can say . hats off to you

1 person likes this.
  2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laks09,
    As I read your post, my eyes got moistened.
    What a determination!

In those days many mothers had four or five children.All were SAHM. My mother used to say she had no time even to tick off her fingers.Now we have one or two children and soon after getting them settled we can keep ourselves engaged in many possible ways.It is a great diversion.
    But mothers with children of alternate abilities and physically challenged, every small act takes much effort, much time.They need an axe to do things which other mothers can do with a safety pin.
    Your each fight is winning a Nobel prize. A single job satisfactorily accomplished by you cannot even be equated to hundred activities engaged in by others.
    No action can be done in a haphazard 'eno thaano' manner.So many physiological, psychological and risk factors have to be taken into account,with a mind constantly thinking about the child's future after the life time of parents.
    Hats off to you Lakso9. May God bless your children. May your relentless fights yield fruits not only to your child but to the entire community placed under similar circumstances.
    I am really proud of you!

Jayasala 42

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Amazing! Hats off to you!

3 people like this.
  4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

I am overwhelmed!!
    And my students are about to come in half an hour! And I promised them a pineapple cake after the revision test today !! The ingredients are waiting on the table!!
    How do I even start replying to each one of you beautiful women!!!

@Laks09 - First reply to you - I know how it feels because I went through the same feelings all of last year when my son went through 5 surgeries and I thought his condition was going to be permanent when after every check up the doctors said - yet another surgery!! He was immobile in bed for the better part of the year and we didnt know if he was ever going to get better! And he still managed to get 85+ by just attending the tests and exams in a wheelchair ! My only promise to myself was - he shouldnt lose his courage !! He took 1 whole year to get to normal!! Now I just feel an overwhelming sense of relief that it was not permanent! And I am still overly protective about him!

Hats off to you - you are a very very very courageous woman ! Thanx a ton for the inspiring post !

@iyerviji Vijima, I always love it when you reply to any of my post - and this one is really close to my heart - so a special thanx to you for visiting my thread! And thanx for reading it too... Another thanx for your response and yet another thanx for nominating it thank you so much ! I am touched by your love ! Vijima, I too read Narayaneeyam - I have started on my wedding anniversary (12th) along with my music teacher and group and we are reading 1 chapter a day and discussing it :)

@VaniVyas - Every little thing counts - We are expected to do somethings, but when we start doing them our innate nature makes us do what is closest to our heart and soul - and we can understand and realize ourselves from that :) Hats off to you for being the wonderful daughter that you are !! Thanx for nominating my thread !

@suryakala sister - Sairam ! Thanx for your encouraging words ! Enjoy your time with DH :)

@SGBV - I read about your outside stay and your commuting - thats a tough one for a mother !! Hats off to you :)

@joylokhi - I have tried so many times to learn stitching - I have a bag full of bit-pieces and designs - but I get it till the cutting part - I dont get the rest !! Yes financial independence is a boon for the government employees - that makes for a peaceful retirement

@butterflyice - If I sound like making money is easy, I'm sorry - no, it is definitely hard work!! I spend hours working to make it!!
    Giving it all away to the 100 kids at the orphanage - thats the easy part !!!

Yeah, I forgot to mention my summer camp!!

I realized with my Balvihar classes that parents dont appreciate/respect FREE classes - it becomes a place to drop kids off when they go shopping - Now, for maths they pay 2000 per child and they ask their kids about what was done, the kids are on time, they inform if they are not attending - the works !! - I learnt a bitter lesson - if you charge money from people for the work you do (equal to or more than market price), your contribution to their lives is acknowledged and appreciated ! - So now, the kids benefit because the parents take it seriously, and my orphanage kids benefit and I get to be busy doing what I love !

Thanx @chillbreeze for nominating this thread !
    @jayasala42 - thanx for visiting my thread and yes, even my eyes were moist while reading @Laks09 's post - she is one in a million, truly!!

@Shanvy you dont get away with a tiny acknowledgement - write an essay :)

@Ragini25 - look what you made me do - I typed my list of things I do as SAHM for the 30 page thread and got the idea to start a positive thread!

5. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Echo Satchi's words here, truly inspiring & marvellous!

2 people like this.
  6. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

@hrastro, All I could do is simply gape in awe reading about the ambitious You. Truly fantastic. Way to go!
    Best wishes!

2 people like this.
  7. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

Hats off to all of you, wonderful ladies!! You are an inspiration!!

Thanks for sharing.

2 people like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

@hrastro thank you for your loving words. I did not know that you love receiving fb to your threads and that made this 71 yr old woman happy. I am only old by age but young at heart, that is why I have all young friends who have now become my daughters. I have so many loving daughters in IL. There is so much to write about my life but then you will get bored reading it. It was tough for me to bring up my children when they were kids as there was only one year nine months difference between the three children. Thanks to my husband who helped me. Now when I see people struggling to bring up one child I feel how I managed with them being a working woman. But then I feel today's kids are very smart and they learn everything in the womb only because today's mothers are well educated, talented and get to learn so much from the modern technology. I am happy that I could learn computers when I worked because of which I am a member of IL and active in facebook too. I thank God that with four operations due to hip bone fracture in 1991 I am able to be active though sometimes I feel very tired.

I was also touched with Lak's post and since I had finished my nominations could not nominate. I have started a thread about Narayaneeyam in Religious forum posting whatever I can post in a day. Now after coming to Dubai I could not post and after going back will start posting.

9. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

A very motivating thread .. .

1 person likes this.
  10. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

kneesmileykneesmiley You are amazing @hrastro..utilizing every bit of day in an effective way and inspiring many not only in real world but also virtually...

I wish i could do atleast 50% of what you are doing and feel satisfied at the end of the day.

ED

2 people like this.