1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Extramarital Affair With Ex

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mimi77, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

The more you chat with him, more the feelings towards him. Since both are having a happy married life,why even bother about ex. It’s better to block him in all the social media’s . Which is good for both the happy families!

2. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

I have blocked him and his wife both on facebook and linkedin.....i had also blocked him on whatsapp ,but then felt very mean to do so and unblocked again only on whatsapp......We have no hard feelings for each other and sonetimes I really miss the nice frienship we had years ago

shravs3 likes this.
  3. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

The question you need to ask yourself is what are you missing in your marriage that you subconsciously found in communicating with your ex... affairs dont happen out of thin air. There was a void and u felt good when it was filled. If your husband is not paying attention to you maybe you should bring it to his notice. You are lucky this ex is far away, if he was nearby this would have progressed a lot further because inspite of having a lot to lose if exposed you still risked chatting with him.. not a good sign.

4. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Its ok to be mean and selfish some times.
    You cant enjoy your childhood again.. You cant study in college again..
    The same way this old friendship is Past.. you cant go back again..
    Some XYZ old Friendship is not priority compared to your family...
    Put Full STOP and Block the number...

SinghManisha, Zxcv, mimi77 and 2 others like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Go back and read the above lines and determine which one of the sentences above are truthful.

So, when your ex was busy building career, you decided to marry your husband and when your husband is workaholic, you are drawn to your ex. Evaluate what is wrong with this picture? Marriage is not all about you only, and it involves more than one person having commitment and trust for each other.

6. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

You are right Viswa.......Me and my hubby have been committed to each other and love each other a lot.....I am so confused why this was happening to me inspite of being in a good marriage......Im happy that my ex is also cutting communication with me.....This should make it easier for me......Probably I was feeling a lack of attention from my hubby that was drawing me closer to him....Im helping myself......Thanks for your advice and thats the reason Ive posted my feelings here.....Thanks so much

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. RichAmlan

RichAmlan New IL'ite

you broke up with him amicably.so there are still feelings between you two. I think you are bored in your married life.so please try to spend time with your husband. Being bf/gf is easy but being husband/wife is not easy.There are certain duties comes with marriage. In order to fullfill other duties,married couples sometimes drift away from each other.But affair is not an answer.Please dont destroy your married life.

8. Priyaha

Priyaha Senior IL'ite

This caught my attention by the title itself. Having skimmed through the posts, mimmi I think what you are attracted to is the attention that your ex is giving you, because it's lacking in your relationship. Try giving the attention you want to your husband and see if with time, he will reciprocate. There's a few things, if your ex can stray away from his wife to give you attention, he can do the same with you. Going further with this person will ruin 2 families, separating children from the mutual love of their parents truly sets the wrong image. God gave us a mother and father because as children we learn from both of them, and if you separate yourself from a sacred union, you're doing a dissatisfaction to your own children. Remember his affection towards is you is not real either, it's coming from emptiness stemming from elsewhere. Also attention from someone else can only get you so far in life, let's say you keep him for the attention and get together with him, over time that attention will fade--the challenge is to find your own source of happiness independent of someone else. I recommend reading the Gita. While we're on that, there's something from the Gita that Shree Krishna says that I find highly valuable and it's that when you take a decision that is based solely on eliminating the anxiety that you are facing in the present, you'll end up on a road of thorns in the future. Perseverance is keys in situations like this. Also, think how lucky you are to be in a marital union that has lasted this long. There's so many women on here praying to get back with their husbands and here you are wondering if you should stray. The grass is never greener on the other side! Ultimately, you're a smart woman and you know what is right, but you are in a marriage--a union that is very sacred and blessed by God himself. Marriages go through ups and downs, but its like anything valuable gold or diamond, it's beauty only comes through after it goes through the rough! Keep your head up and say bye-bye to your ex :).

9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If you are “only chatting on WhatsApp” then why title the thread something so dramatic? Click bait?

What will you get by reminiscing about that nice friendship each time a message pops up? Use that same feeling and type out some messages for the DH. The man who makes your marriage happy. If you don’t then how will he reciprocate? If you start chatting with the hubs I’m sure you will get even better messages from him. Things that will make you reminisce those early days with him.
    Don’t put your ex and his friendship on a pedestal. It’s your mind playing tricks. If your DH misses even a tiny bit of his relationship with his ex would you be ok?

10. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Take a break from social media. Not logging into FB/ Whatsapp etc does not mean the world will come to an end. Your ex is like a piece of carrot that is being dangled in front of you every time you check whatsapp. Take a vacation with your husband and bring back the oomph in your marriage. Do not destroy two marriages because you are a little bored.

GeetaKashyap, mimi77 and Viswamitra like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.