1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Explain Earthquake To A Preschooler

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by deepthyanoop, Sep 13, 2018.

1. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,
    How do you explain earthquake to a Prechooler? My 4 year old one day came back from School asking about earthquakes. I just replied casually that it is stress relief of earth.. :) He kept on asking about it and insisted me search on Google if I dont know the answer. I feel guilty for not explaing it properly to him. But how can we explain it in simple words without going into specifics like Mantle,Core,Tectonic planes etc etc.. Isn't it too complicated for this age? If anybody got any idea,please share with me..

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Curiosity!! And sometimes it is hard..but still talking the terms like tectonics, faults and core helps..not necessary they really grasp it but being close to facts is best.. and these days there are loads of animated films that explain..

And check the dr.bionics. series show..
    Black holes to floods to nipah, everything is explained simple..and it is best to teach safety measures to when you talk about them..
    Sigh i wish it was available when mine was through the curious 1000 questions a minute ..i had to be always prepeared one step ahead to keep the fire going..

3. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

4. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the reply Shanvy Ma'am. The video is indeed very helpful. Yes,now a days every information is available on fingertip. But still I found it challenging sometimes to present the matter both interesting to him as well as factual..Thanks once again!!

5. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear.