Experts guidance please

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by prakrutiv, Nov 26, 2008.

1. prakrutiv

prakrutiv New IL'ite

Attention: Request for guidelines

Hello Experts, (I would like to call all of you as Expert)

I am new to IL.Most of the threads are very informative.Thanks to all the members.

I have plans of starting a womens garments (dress materials) shop in Chennai .
    (A-Z of womens items, starting from a small saftelypin to footwear but dress materials are the main item)

1 ) Can each one of you list me few items which are useful for a lady in her every days life ? (like make-up items.....)

2 ) Please guide me the initial steps to start a shop ( things needed,the way a shop should look etc.........)

Thanks!

Prakruti:)

2. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Dear Prakruti

That's just two questions - but quite a lot to write. After all women have a long list for everything...isn't it?! ;-)

Simple way - just visit Pondy Bazaar on a weekend...and make notes of all that you see.

Small suggestion - start with few and add on as you go by....it is not needed to have "All" on day one!

Few points on setting up of the shop:

1) Attractive Location. (Depends on your target customers)
    2) Hopefully you have decided on how big the shop should be (considering the rent, affordability etc.)
    3) Most of your shop set up would depend on the location, size & visibility.
    4) Interiors would also depend upon the size and the structure of the shop - for example does it have shelves or no shelves etc.

It is not really possible to list a set of things....as there are inter dependencies and better understanding required.

Cheers
    Jenz

3. AnjaliD

AnjaliD Senior IL'ite

Hello Prakruti,

Congrats on your new venture.

If you are renting a space for your shop ( and not selling from home) then I would say that location of the shop is the first thing you need to think abt.

Abt what to sell - ask your friends, family, colleagues, neighbors what they like, etc. Create a small survey and ask them to fill it out.

Decide and recognize your target customer and accordingly do your research. For eg: If targeting younger crowd then talk to some college kids.

Once you decide on these basics then you can take the future steps accordingly.

Cheers,
    Anjali

4. prakrutiv

prakrutiv New IL'ite

Thanks for your ideas Jenz & Anjali , I ll keep these points when I workout. ll contact u both again if I have any doubts in future.thanks again!

prakruti:)